Muppets.com: What Gives?

beaker

Reaction score
This is something I just haven't been able to wrap my head around for the last 5 years on Muppet Central.

There is simpsons.com...starwars.com...disney.com...

Where In the HECK is muppets.com? That thing looks like it hasn't been updated since 1997! Anyone else think it's completely strange what should be the flagship site has been left abandoned for over half a decade?

Heck I think muppets.com should redirect to muppetcentral or something...just real unfortunate I guess.

And henson.com ...ugh. Lets not go there. Its been that ugly flash thing for awhile...no idea why they changed it.

My dream is a new slick glossy Muppet magazine, but first they need
to get their own site! Luckily the fans are able to shoulder the burden of online news, articles and other stuff that *should* be on a muppets.com.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Yeah, the Muppets.com website is kinda lame. The Muppetworld.com (or something like that) website is better, but still not great (Muppets from Space is the newest thing on that site!) The coolest thing about muppetworld.com is that they have that cool thing in Animal's world where you can listen to different songs. (Some aren't even on the latest soundtrack!) I'm just thankful for this website (Muppet Central that is :halo: )

dmx10101

Reaction score
I have to say too that the 'official' Muppet websites are not very good. That's why I come here.

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
There is simpsons.com...
Not the greatest example of an official website though is it ? I know what you mean though, with a whole team like 'Henson Interactive' you'd think they'd have made more of the web presence.

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
Not the greatest example of an official website though is it ? I know what you mean though, with a whole team like 'Henson Interactive' you'd think they'd have made more of the web presence.
I actually officially consider Muppet Central the *official* site, like everyone else. Im sure even Brian Henson is finally like "sigh, ok...fine..." Err, maybe not. But darnit, muppets.com reopened and revamped in 2004! Tho more of a chance Gary Coleman will become president.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
beaker said:
I actually officially consider Muppet Central the *official* site, like everyone else.
C'est moi!

beaker said:
Im sure even Brian Henson is finally like "sigh, ok...fine..." Err, maybe not. But darnit, muppets.com reopened and revamped in 2004! Tho more of a chance Gary Coleman will become president.
Here's hoping muppets.com gets reopened and revamped in 2004 in that case!

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Here's hoping muppets.com gets reopened and revamped in 2004 in that case!
Yup, Muppets.com being revamped, the Titanic being raised, and a midget running the country. I'll drink to that !

Beauregard

Reaction score
Henson interactive is CR@P. Henson.com opens a stupid great pages, too big for my screan with no re-size opton!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
and a midget running the country. I'll drink to that !
If that happens, make another bed over there for me, Luke! I'm leaving the country! By the way, what language do you folks speak over there? :embarrassed:

heh