1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by RKUNKLER, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

I would say thats my only complaint, it's a little faffy to get to the Muppets! Never mind though, it runs rings round the previous site!
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea the MFS rats where cool but i kind of would have liked to see that one girl rat from MTM. She seemed cool and could really seem to fit with the others. Love the new intro though i think its great are there any more new things i havn't seen yet?
  3. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

I love the rats intro with Rizzo. There are 4 of them. dwayne1115 the girl rat from MTM is Yolanda.
  4. dwayne1115

yea ok i didnt know how to spell it but i loved her and i think she was in MCC and MTI as well just as background mice. I think she helped sing Scrooge in MCC.
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

WOW! This is so awesome! I love it so much, and it's the greatest thing ever right now.

I'm so glad to see The Muppets doing something new!

Thanks, Diz!
  6. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

It's Animal on Rogaine. :halo:
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Agreed Kev, i hope MC sends out a mail about it as everyone should visit and get their stats up - then more Muppet stuff - YAY!
  8. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I'm hoping they have/add new Muppet wallpapers.
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

More information...

Here's some more information on the new site: http://www.muppetnewsflash.com/2008/02/more-to-come-on-new-muppetscom.html

As I continue to talk to people at Muppet Studios about the content I've found out some interesting things about them...such as Bill Barretta directed the videos and they were written by Jim Lewis and Kirk Thatcher (prior to the writers' strike). Also more videos are on the way and a new batch should be added real soon.

Also, as many have already seen, the new opening is up! There are four different openings featuring Rizzo and the rats. :shifty: Very fun stuff!
  10. dwayne1115

Well all i can say is More Muppets More Muppets More MUPPETS!
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Actually the puppets were fixed up to play the munchkins in The Muppets' Wizard of Oz...which is also where the gas mask Rizzo wears in the one opening came from.

No, Brian has not walked away from the Muppets, although he is very busy with running the Henson Co. and whatnot. However I think this recast (similar to Brian passing the Scooter and Janice recasts off to others) may been mainly because Brain was not a real strong Newsman replacement in the first place and not comfortable/interested in continuing. He took him on for "The Muppet Show Live" but I don't know if that was ment to be a permanent replacement or just the best or most convenient they could get at the time. I personally think Steve is great as the Newsman and I hope we see more of him in the future.

From the main page scroll the navigation wheel in the upper-left, click on the gadgets icon and then open the News Flash Ticker. This will launch in the window...or you can add the gadget to your DxD profile.

The music clips are intended to be just that, audio clips. Users can add the songs to their DxD profiles and you can listen to sample from the various Muppet CDs... there are no plans to add video or other visuals to music clips in the music section... however some musical video clips may be added to the video sections in the future.:coy:
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Aw silly me - yes they were in MWOZ. Yes, erm, ive tried to put a mental blackout on that movie. lol :zany:

Greg - if ur speakin to them could you ask why Muppets.com is just going to the main Disney page? Standard practice i guess so people see all their stuff, not just Muppets - but its confusing!
  13. dwayne1115

Is the opening all we get this week as far as updates?

I also think Steve is going to really do a great job with the News man as well cant wait to see more things with him.
  14. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Going to Muppets.com should take you right to the Muppets' page. That's the way it is set-up and is designed to work. And it works that way for me. I go to Muppets.com and the Muppet site comes right up. There might be an individual issue with your browser/system and DxD. However going to Muppets.com should be taking you right to the Muppets.
  15. dwayne1115

have any of you all went to any other parts of Xd i have been finding myself at the Micky Mouse part playiing some of there games. :super:
  16. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Where does everyone keep seeing "Muppet Newsman?" I can't find where that clip is?
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

For some reason it doesn't always work that way for me. I think they're still hammering that bit out. There is an inconsistency to it both on my PC laptop and my partner's Mac. :o
  18. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

On the main page go up to the navigation wheel in the upper-left corner, scroll through it and click on the "gadgets" icon, then open the News Flash Ticker and you'll see the Newsman clips.

The tech team is probably still working all the kinks out. With all the computers and systems out there, they probably still have some things to work out so everyone can run everything smoothly...the site only been online for a week. But it should be directing you right to the Muppets section.
  19. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

wow! sooo cool... i love Steve as the Muppet Newsman! :zany:
  20. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

Dude, the muppet newsman is really hilarious! It seems that if he's in the middle of a newsflash, something silly happens, like having a piano fall on him or 100,000 golfballs being hit at him, or whatever else you can think of!