Muppets Christmas Crackers

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking for a box of 1980 Muppets Crackers.

I have been a member of ebay since 1998 and in the first few months of my membership someone in the UK auctioned a boxed set of 12, 1980 Muppets (Christmas) Crackers, although there was no Christmas reference on them.
As I was new to ebay I didnt know about the wait until the very end technique that most use so I placed my bid and was the highest bidder for the duration of the auction. I was so excited, it was a lovely set. I checked at the end of the auction and seen that I had been outbid by ONLY 1 penny! Gutted.
Anyway I have been looking for these crackers ever since, if anyone has them I would love to buy them, or at least see some piccys of them?

Thanks

Chris

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hey Chris-

Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of these, nor do I have any to sell/trade... I just wanted to add that there are, I believe, two different sets of Christmas Crackers out there -- the 80s set you are speaking about, and a set from circa 1992, based on Muppet Christmas Carol.

I don't have either unfortunately, though I've been searching high and low for both. They are very difficult to find, clearly. (Probably, most people used them!)

Anyway, best of luck. If I ever obtain either set, I will be sure to share pics!

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Ah, yep -- that's them!

Keep me in mind if you ever come across a second set. I try to keep up with ebay.co.uk, but lots of people won't ship to the US.

Thanks!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I will do! However I have had these from new in 1992. I don't think I have ever seen them come up for sale on eBay?

Chris

slowfish

Reaction score
Hi

I have a box of the Tom Smith Muppets Crackers from 1980 - there are in absolutely mint condition. Can I post pics on here? Any idea how much there are worth?

Thanks

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Hi slowfish, and welcome!

We really don't have much of an idea what they're worth... but as you can see from this thread, they're pretty rare. Would you be willing to send a pic to my email? I will send you a Private Message with my details. I think to post images, you have to use another service (i.e. Snapfish) and link to it from here.

Are you willing to sell these if the price is right? I know you would find more than a few enthusiastic potential buyers here, myself included.

slowfish

Reaction score
Hi

I am willing to sell them, probably on Ebay as I guess that's the best way.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Gives everyone a fair chance? Let us know when you have put them on eBay. Thanks chris

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
That IS the most fair way to do it... and frankly, probably the best way to gauge current market value too! Still love to see some pics, but please let us know if you post them on eBay!