Muppets are in the D23 Line-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://d23.disney.go.com/expo/expo-schedule.html

SUNDAY 9/13

11:00 AM John Lasseter / Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios presentation (in the Arena)

1:00 PM "Muppets" presentation

4:00 PM "Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure" screening

6:30 PM "Toy Story 3" presentation;

7:00 PM "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2" debuts in Disney Digital 3D(TM)
How exciting! For those not aware of what the D23 expo is, it's basically going to Disney's Comic-Con. Now to speculate what will be shown/announced.:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Just saw that too. And the funny thing is, Im going to Disneyland the day before with family.

How much are tickets to this thing?

Luke

Reaction score
If Muppets are on this, sounds like a mini Muppet performance and a look at whats to come. They got a very high profile spot too!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Here is a little more:
The Muppets Studios brings you inside the Muppet world for an exclusive frog's-eye-view of what Kermit and Company have been up to in 2009 -- and all the fun and mayhem they have planned for 2010 and beyond!

Leyla

Reaction score
Ooh, this IS exciting! Now here's a question... Disney has owned our pals for several years now. Have they ever done a similar muppet presentation before? Or is this a first? I guess what I'm really wondering about is the significance. Are they doing this because they always do it, or are they doing this because they have big plans they want to share?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Ooh, this IS exciting! Now here's a question... Disney has owned our pals for several years now. Have they ever done a similar muppet presentation before? Or is this a first? I guess what I'm really wondering about is the significance. Are they doing this because they always do it, or are they doing this because they have big plans they want to share?
Disney have been in colaboration with the Muppets since 1990 when Disney were first going to buy the Muppets but things fell apart when Jim Henson died, because most of the agreement was verbal, as Jim liked the handshake method, and then there was disputes about what was actually agreed on.The take over finally happened in 2004.There didnt seem to be much action at first, but yes, then came a similar Presentation,I think in 2006, about the Muppets coming back and all the plans.Unfortuately, things came to an abrupt halt and most plans were cancelled or cut back and there was a restructure of Muppets Holding Company.
However, Disney have since realised the Muppets value and given them more Studio projects, rather than having them totally in a Merchandising Department.

beaker

Reaction score
If Muppets are on this, sounds like a mini Muppet performance and a look at whats to come. They got a very high profile spot too!
Indeed. Well I'll be literally across the street all weekend, so Im thinking of going.

Anyone else wanna meet up? I don't think I could miss this for anything.

Nick22

Reaction score
i wanna go to this SO bad. i wanna see what's in store for our muppets! and i LOVE disney too, and i would be pretty interesting in seeing the other stuff too.

EDIT: i know this is probably a dumb question, but where is it?

muppetperson

Reaction score
i wanna go to this SO bad. i wanna see what's in store for our muppets! and i LOVE disney too, and i would be pretty interesting in seeing the other stuff too.

EDIT: i know this is probably a dumb question, but where is it?
Anaheim Convention center, near Disneyland.

Status
Not open for further replies.