1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Muppets Ahoy!" Stage Show on Disney Cruise Line?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Jonathan, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

When Did This Happen?!
    I Stumbled onto THIS link today
    and I was like, What the Heck!
    Does anyone have more information?

Muppets Ahoy
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

More Information

I Just Fond this..

Kermit the Frog and his Muppet gang are joining an exclusive lineup of new entertainment onboard special sailings for the 10 and 11 night Southern Caribbean cruises.
    The September sailings on the Disney Wonder® will feature a host of new offerings in addition to the Broadway-style Disney shows, exciting deck parties and other entertainment that’s fun for the entire family.
    New entertainment includes:

Muppets Ahoy!
    Kermit, Miss Piggy and other Muppet favorites present a hilarious new stage show created exclusively for Disney Cruise Line®.

Mouse 2 0
    Decks 9 and 10 come alive for a Beach Party on the Ocean.

On the Nose Game Show
    An original game show where the winners are the one’s closest to the right answer.

Disney – The Art of the Story
    See how Disney magic and storytelling come together using music, dance, sound and more.

Cooking Demonstrations, Wine Seminars
    Join the manager of Napa Rose Restaurant at Disneyland® Resort for culinary events. (11-night cruise only)
  3. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem New Member

Yeah, this was announced a week or two ago. I reported it last week on my new "Muppet Minute" segment that I started for the "Mouse Guest Weekly" podcast.

Wish I could go... a Disney cruise AND a Muppet show of sorts?? Sounds awesome!
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

That should probably prove to be fun!
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hey gang,

Yooo Hoo! sounds awsome. I may be taking a Disney Cruise here next May/June/July (2006) lol one of thos moths! :) So glad there will be havin Kermit and the Muppets! this MADE my day! :D
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

btw will these be the Muppet Puppets or Walk Arounds like in the Disney parks!?
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure these'll be Muppet puppets. You'll get to see the newbies first-hand! Pun intended.

So......I guess it's time to beek a Disney cruise eh? Hee-hee.
    :)

Hey Mickey Muppet, please be sure to tell us what you think of their performance/voices? Lucky dude.
  8. a_Mickey_Muppet

the newbies?! u mean these will be the people that auditioned (like myself) from NYC and LA? yeah i WILL let you know how they sound, but May and the other months are still ALMOST a year away! lol
  9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Did you mean 2007 Mickey? It would be rather difficult to go in May 2006...
  10. zns

zns Well-Known Member

:) Sounds like fun. It's nice to know that Disney is still trying to do more things with the Muppets. Hopefully they'll do even more projects with them in the near future.;)
  11. a_Mickey_Muppet

yes 2007
  12. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

My nephew going on one soon. I was seeing what I can find out about it.
  13. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Yeah, I figured this is what they're going to use the newly-hired puppeteers for. I wish them all the luck, and I hope they uphold the Muppets' repuatation.
  14. aaronmojo

aaronmojo Member

I am thinking of getting married on one of these cruises next year. Should I sneak my Kermit puppet on and heckle the performers??

(I am joking of course, in case anybody was getting ready to jump down my throat.)
  15. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

*gets off diving board hovering over aaronmojo

Man, I'll never get to go on my magnificent journey through the human body!
  16. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Well seems the Muppets Ahoy cruise is underway...
    The first 10-day cruise left port Sept. 7

The next one leaves Sept. 17.
  17. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Will the Cruise to Europe have this show as well?
  18. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Ooooooooooooh! I hope that someone on here might be able to give us a report on their performance.

I wonder if the Travel Channel will do any new Disney Cruise specials this year? That'd be nice.
  19. OverUnderAround

Actually this is a good question now that one of the Disney cruise ships will be traveling to Europe. Having talked to one of the Disney Muppet executives a few months back, they mentioned that at least in their minds they thought that the Muppets on the European cruise would be great based on how much they are loved in Europe. But it was just this one person's opinion, so let's see if it ever get's done.
  20. OverUnderAround

I can tell you an early script from July (written by Jim Lewis) was based on the Muppets being stowaways on the ship.