Muppets' 1971 Dick Cavett Show appearance download

zns

Reaction score
God bless you David. Hopefully Henson or the producers of the Dick Cavett show will put this out on DVD.

kbug67

Reaction score
Thanks KermiClown!
That is an amazing piece of muppet history!

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Where did you actually get the entire audio from? It was great. I especially cracked up when Cookie Monster said that Johnny Carson's microphone was "Bleech!"

muppet maniac

Reaction score
...And when Big Bird said he was in danger because it's Thanksgiving. :wink:

KermiClown

Reaction score
I got the audio track in a trade a while back from another fan whose father captured the audio with a cassette recorder from the TV set, possibly when it originally aired. They transferred it to a CD for our trade.

I hope to have the video of the show someday, too! Here's hoping!

ploobis

Reaction score
I would love it if The Muppet Holding Company, Sesame Workshop and The Dick Cavett people would work together on putting that classic special on DVD! That would be a dream come true!
:smile:

I love that fact that when Jim & Frank did the Glow Worm sketch on the show Jim was using Kermit The Frog and not Kermit The Lizard-like-creature! For some reason I find that really cool!

Also I really love the classic Muppet characters from 1971! And that special had the classics! I mean it had Kermit The Frog, Big Bird, Erine & Bert, Grover, Mahna Mahna, Oscar The Grouch, Thog, Cookie Monster, Mr. Grump, Big V, The Frackles and The Anything Muppets!

I HOPE SOMEONE OUT THERE WILL HAVE THIS BEAUTIFUL SPECIAL ON TAPE OR DVD SOMEDAY!

:smile:

zns

Reaction score
Maybe phil Chapman has the special, or he might have a way of gettting it from Henson.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I just downloaded it and Im listening to it now...sounds great so far...