Muppetfest's 15th Anniversary

DrGroverFan

Reaction score
Muppet Fest 2001 was 15 years ago today! I can't believe it was 15 years ago.
I was one of the lucky ones to get to go to this event. Held on Saturday, December 8th and Sunday, December 9th at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in CA. What an amazing weekend! All of my friends and family thought I was crazy to fly across the United States to go see a bunch of puppets. But they just didn't understand. My obsession! My connection! The love I had for these characters and the brilliant minds that created them! A chance to meet the Muppet performers and hear their stories. Meeting other fans who shared my enthusiasm. I will always have fond memories of this magical weekend in California.

I think my favorite part of that weekend was hearing from the actual performers on the different panels. Stories from performers like Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Bill Barretta, Karen Prell, Jane Gootnick, Kevin Clash, Brian Henson, Paul Williams, etc. So many amazing stories and behind the scenes secrets. I just thought the whole weekend was entertaining and well thought-out.

Here are a few of the souvenirs that I still have from that fantastic weekend:
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag155/muppetfan86/Muppet Fest 1_zpsbztnoyzh.jpg

Does anyone else want to share a story from that weekend? Did you go? Did you have fun? What do you remember?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones to get to go to this event. Held on Saturday, December 8th and Sunday, December 9th at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium in CA. What an amazing weekend! All of my friends and family thought I was crazy to fly across the United States to go see a bunch of puppets. But they just didn't understand. My obsession! My connection! The love I had for these characters and the brilliant minds that created them! A chance to meet the Muppet performers and hear their stories. Meeting other fans who shared my enthusiasm. I will always have fond memories of this magical weekend in California.

I think my favorite part of that weekend was hearing from the actual performers on the different panels. Stories from performers like Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Bill Barretta, Karen Prell, Jane Gootnick, Kevin Clash, Brian Henson, Paul Williams, etc. So many amazing stories and behind the scenes secrets. I just thought the whole weekend was entertaining and well thought-out.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag155/muppetfan86/Muppet Fest 1_zpsbztnoyzh.jpg

Does anyone else want to share a story from that weekend? Did you go? Did you have fun? What do you remember?
Did you get to meet anybody famous at the event?

muppetperson

Reaction score

Your friends think you are crazy? I fly all the way from Australia to see them! Seeing the "Muppet Show Live" was my high light.