1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

MuppetFest 2?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Tera, Apr 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. DanDanStrawberry Active Member

While we're here, has anyone actually met anyone they met on MC? Apart from MuppetFest? I'm a curious young chap. :)
  2. FISH'N'WOLFE New Member

I have, PukkaPukka aka Adam came out from Idaho and stayed for a visit and we chat over the phone pretty often. As for if we all met, probably the world would end. :)
  3. HeraLirambar New Member

I'd answer to whatever anyone wanted to call me. I'm flexible. And to address others, I like to poke them in the shoulder. :p

Mostly I'd stay quiet.

Yes! I met :crazy: (Chris, not the Muppet) XD
  4. BEAR Active Member

Wow, with all of you staying so quiet, it wouldn't be a very exciting get together, would it? :p
  5. Princeton Guest

Yeah, I know; just wishful thinking. :cry: It just frustrates me SOOOO much that I make alotta friends on here, and while that's great, I just like to daydream that we're all together and enjoying each other's company. ;)
  6. MrsPepper Active Member

Yeah, me too. :D I doubt we'd be quiet, we'd have too much to share, chat about, and debate!
    I'd totally wear my Super Grover shirt. Or I'd make one that said "Marry Me Floyd" or "Underneath our clothes, we are all... NAKED!" Or "T*K*O CEO" Or quite possibly just "MrsPepper". The possibilities are endless!!
  7. TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

I would definately wear my Kermit the Frog socks. And I'd carry around one or both of my rubber duckies. Heck, maybe I'd even find a way to put my avatar on a shirt. Heh. Supposing this did actually happen, and I did actually put my avatar on a shirt, do you think anyone would come up to me and say "Hi! You must be TogetherAgain!" ...just random question...
  8. MrsPepper Active Member

I would! If you had your Robin avatar on your shirt, I'd be all, TOGETHERAGAIN! HOWZITGOING?!?

Just a side note, at a local store I found a bunch of REALLY cute Sesame notebooks for a dollar each!!! I am going to buy one tomorrow, and if we all did meet, I woud buy some and give them to all of you. :D:D:D Espeially the artists and fan-ficers, they could put them to good use!
  9. Vibs New Member

...wait a sec... You already had a MuppetFest once? Where?!! When?!! Why?!! What?!! Who?!! (Actually just answer the where and when questions..)

Anyway, it sure is a cuuuurious thought. I'd probably be rather not-knowing-what-to-say-or-how-to-say-it. Okay, so my english is not that bad... okay, so it's not bad... okay so my english is good.. um, but still it's my second language and I'd probably be rather paralysed with fear about the thought that everybody was speaking english and that almost everybody actually spoke it as their first language! Arghh!! But then again, I could just insert a little ness and ish here and there and of course bring Tabi (Minidoozer) and use her as my dictionary. Oh boy it would be fun. Um, not using Tabi as a dictionary... Meeting. :p

As to the names, hmmm I dunno. I think I'd call most of you your usernames. I'm pretty sure that people would call me Vibs anyway. If they started calling me Louise I'd probably panic for some On-MC-I'm-Vibs-reason.
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Ya gotta read the website once in a while, too!!

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/muppetfest/index.shtml

It was a while back, there was a LIVE Muppet Show and everything. Tons of pics to be seen at the site listed above. I was lucky to go, as it was scheduled the same month as the 9/11 tragedy; but that pushed it back to that December and I was able to attend then.
  11. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Hey Kevin/Foz...

Is there any way we could get Muppet fans around the world to agree to a summer-long fan convention AND an ongoing LARP of Muppet College Dorms?

For those that are totally outta the loop, LARP stands for Live Action Role Play. I am a newbie to LARP and I don't wish to do any LARP inside a fantastic setting such as the D&D universe, but rather in a "fantasy-meets-reality" setting where we could have our favorite Muppets be our college roommates. My thought is to find some way to bring the Muppets into our world and actually have conversations with them--much like the Muppet College Dorms game in the Games section that we have going on right now.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

BJ
  12. BEAR Active Member

WOuld you be able to explain the LARP Muppet Dorms thing a little more? Thanks.
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I'd say I'm completely lost, but I just know someone would use the running gaga, "Have you tried Hare Krishna?"

A summer-long convention would be expensive. Everyone would have to go to one single location and then everyone would have to find room and food the whole summer; and I don't understand the LARP thing. You mean the REAL Muppets? Not likely. Disney wouldn't dare.
  14. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

yeah who can afford to take off a whole summer and get food and hotel LOL
  15. unclematt Active Member

I dont want to get into it again, Okay yes I do, Muppetfest II !!!
  16. Erine81981 Active Member

I would be willing to go if I could get the money and a way up to where ever that place would be. (Likey dought that)
  17. unclematt Active Member

I think it should be done in the mis west. Now I know I hapeen to be from the mid west but it is truly shorter than having to fly cross country for people from NY or Cal
  18. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I'm not against a weekend (or week-long) fan celebration somewhere. It's expensive and time-consuming. You have to contact the stars, you have to hire rights, pay for special guest hotel, food, travel...coordinate events and screening rights...so much trouble and effort goes into making a convention.

Yes, hopefully an official MuppetFest II will take place at some point.
  19. Vic Romano Active Member

How far (within the proper wings of the establishment) has discussion on a second Muppet Fest gone? I wasn't aware of the first one until long after, and I can assure you that if it was to be held on the West Coast again; I would make it there regardless of price!!!
  20. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Second one? Nowheresville man.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.