Muppeteers who did full body Muppets

Xerus

Reaction score
christyb said:
I believe that I read somewhere that Steve Whitmire helped perform Mr. Richfield on Dinosaurs. I'm not sure so don't quote me on that one.
Yes, Steve performed the body of Mr. Richfield a lot, and sometimes alternated with Rob Mills. A lot of the puppeteers alternated with each other performing the Dinosaurs, in both the full bodied costumes and the remote controlled mouths.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Kevin Clash: Elmo
Frank Oz: Grover
Dave Goelz: Gonzo
Eric Jacobson: Grover too
Fran Brill: Zoe
Stephanie D'Abruzzo: Lulu

Believe it or not, these are full-bodied muppets.
I don't think that's the same kind of full-body characters they're talking about.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
In the Rudolph Nureyev episode, did they have a puppeteer with a slight understanding of ballet in that giant full body pig outfit? Or a dancer with a slight understanding of peuppetry?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
They had a multi-genre dancer in the pig suit; Graham Fletcher, who originated Fletcher Bird.

Frogster

Reaction score
I saw in Jim Henson: The Works that Richard Hunt was in Sweetum's outfit. Then I saw on Down In Fraggle Rock; Behind the Scenes that Richard just does the voice of Junior Gorg, not the body. How did he do both Sweetum's body and voice?

AAO

Reaction score
You know, Miss Piggy also had a double for The Great Muppet Caper when she jumps off the diving board into the water in her fantasy during Lady Holiday's fashion show...remember? :mad: :smile:

muppetsforever

Reaction score
AAO said:
You know, Miss Piggy also had a double for The Great Muppet Caper when she jumps off the diving board into the water in her fantasy during Lady Holiday's fashion show...remember? :mad: :smile:
AND SHE HAD A DOUBLE ON THE MOTORCYCLE

muppetsforever

Reaction score
Frogster said:
I saw in Jim Henson: The Works that Richard Hunt was in Sweetum's outfit. Then I saw on Down In Fraggle Rock; Behind the Scenes that Richard just does the voice of Junior Gorg, not the body. How did he do both Sweetum's body and voice?
prolly the same way Carol S. did for Big Bird

Skekayuk

Reaction score
How could this thread forget the irrepressible Louise Gold! Who first came to note as a Muppeteer puppeteering the full-body TMS monster Big Mama (who also popped up briefly in The Ghost Of Faffner Hall). Big Mama was a big brown monster with rabbit-like ears. Although performed on TMS by various puppeteers at one time or another, she was most often, and most memorably, performed by Louise Gold. Who of course was her legendary puppeteer on the 1977 Royal Variety Performance.

(Strange to think that Louise is currently appearing in Chitty in the very same theatre.... )