Muppeteers who did full body Muppets

Xerus

Reaction score
I believe there was Frank Oz who did Thig in the Great Santa Claus Switch.

Carroll Spinney who did Big Bird, and now sometimes by Matt Vogel.

Jerry Nelson did Thog, Sam the Robot, and the front half of the Snuffy, who was then taken over by Martin P. Robinson.

Richard Hunt did Sweetums, a huge Rat in the Muppet Valentine Special, and I believe he did Snuffy's rear end as well.

I think Dave Goelz did Timmy Monster on the Muppet Show.

And I read that Steve Whitmire performed Thog in the MS Loretta Swit episode. It even showed a photo of Steve's head peeking out of Thog's body.

Brian Muehl did Barkley and then was taken over by Fred Garbo.

Rob Mills did Ludo in Labyrinth and he did the body of Junior Gorg while Richard Hunt performed the voice and face by remote control.

Bill Barretta did the body of Earl Sinclair of Dinosaurs while Stuart Pankin did the voice.

And I think Jim Henson did the LaChoy Dragon in those old commercials. Or did he just do the voice?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Who was in the bodies of Pa and Ma Gorg on Fraggle Rock and who was inside Ms. Finch in Follow that Bird?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Who was in the bodies of Pa and Ma Gorg on Fraggle Rock and who was inside Ms. Finch in Follow that Bird?
Ma Grog: Patricia Leaper
Pa Gorg: Gordon Robertson
Junior gorg: From epiosde 86 it was Frank Meschkuleit that did the body of Junior
Miss Finch: Cheryl Wagner

Splurge

Reaction score
Danny Seagran did a lot of silent full-bodied Muppets, usually on TMS, and in the background. He may have also been a gorilla in a skit about Dr. Bunsen Honeydew's Gorilla Detector, but I don't know for sure.

Caroll Spinney also was Bruno. :smile:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Isn't Danny Seagren the guy who played Spider-Man on THE ELECTRIC COMPANY?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kevin Clash: Elmo
Frank Oz: Grover
Dave Goelz: Gonzo
Eric Jacobson: Grover too
Fran Brill: Zoe
Stephanie D'Abruzzo: Lulu

Believe it or not, these are full-bodied muppets.

christyb

Reaction score
I believe that I read somewhere that Steve Whitmire helped perform Mr. Richfield on Dinosaurs. I'm not sure so don't quote me on that one.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Weren't there shots in one of the Muppet movies where Piggy was a little person in a "piggy suit"? If so, who was inside (and what shots/movie); if not am I going crazy?

christyb

Reaction score
No I think you're right. Piggy had a "stunt double" in MTM. During the Rollerskating chase scene on the shots that show her in a background you can tell it's definately Piggy but "Piggy" is too tall compared to her puppet self. (does any of that make sense??)