Muppeteers that can SING!

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
We all know that Muppet performers have range, having to incorporate almost all performing art forms- puppeteering, as well as acting and singing.

I thought we could take a look at and share some of our favorite songs by performers of the Henson universe, whether or not they're company related!

To start us off, I'd like to share three musical numbers that define my admiration for Matt Vogel and Steve Whitmire:

Here first is Matt with his band The Mighty Weaklings and a music video for one of their many singles

Next is a song from an episode of The Jim Henson Hour within the behind the scenes episode, featuring Steve as lead singer backed by Jerry Nelson and Kevin Clash- 43:40
(I prefer watching this over the episode its in since we get a glimpse at how the number came together- plus who doesn't love watching the guys in the recording studio?)

Las but not least is Flowers on the Wall; while it is a main focus on Beaker's home life, I can't help but listen closely to Steve and Matt doing the song together in the rat band-

How about all of you? What are some of your favorite songs by Muppeteers, in or out of the Henson universe?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
MUPPETEERS WHO ARE KNOWN SINGERS:
Matt Vogel
Steve Whitmire
Jerry Nelson
Kevin Clash
Richard Hunt
John Tartaglia
Stephanie D'Abbruzzo
Fran Brill.

Joey Mazzarino's voice is really nice in this one:

and these are definitely some of Eric Jacobson's best vocals:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Marilyn Sokol definitely has a set of pipes on her, even if, by her own admission, she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Marilyn Sokol definitely has a set of pipes on her, even if, by her own admission, she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag.
Oh, I forgot about Marilyn Sokol. Well, if we're going down the route of Muppeteers who only performed voices, Ivy Austin has a pretty great voice as well.

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
MUPPETEERS WHO ARE KNOWN SINGERS:
Matt Vogel
Steve Whitmire
Jerry Nelson
Kevin Clash
Richard Hunt
John Tartaglia
Stephanie D'Abbruzzo
Fran Brill.

Joey Mazzarino's voice is really nice in this one:

and these are definitely some of Eric Jacobson's best vocals:
How could I forget something so right? NO AUTOTUNE according to Eric!

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
And I completely forgot Bill! Killin' it as Dr. Teeth during the holidays of 2009

He's always been great too!

backpackmina

Reaction score
These are some songs that come to mind:

"You and Me Against the World" (3:46), Bill Barretta

"I'm a Rock" (12:36), Kevin Clash (the only song I remember from MTI Sing Along)

"Bring Him Home", Louise Gold

"Let Me Be Your Song" (1:00), Jim Henson, Steve Whitmire

"While My Guitar Gently Weeps", Jerry Nelson (actually prefer this to the original)

Skekayuk

Reaction score
My two absolute favourite Muppeteers are singers, Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold. - In fact, I became a Muppetfan originally because of my admiration for Louise Gold's singing abilities.
I Get A Kick Out of U from Sesame Street:
kind of sums up exactly the talent that first awed me (The Muppets, and indeed Ian Marshall-Fisher's Lost Musicals, very own Mermanseque belter)

And here is a perfect summation of that great Muppet Musical twosome, Jerry and Louise as Herry and Louisy

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
My two absolute favourite Muppeteers are singers, Jerry Nelson and Louise Gold. - In fact, I became a Muppetfan originally because of my admiration for Louise Gold's singing abilities.
I Get A Kick Out of U from Sesame Street:
kind of sums up exactly the talent that first awed me (The Muppets, and indeed Ian Marshall-Fisher's Lost Musicals, very own Mermanseque belter)

And here is a perfect summation of that great Muppet Musical twosome, Jerry and Louise as Herry and Louisy
I agree Jerry was one of the biggest singing talents the Muppets ever had, and he and Louise has many wonderful moments together!

Louise is still showcasing her talents through The Furchester Hotel, and even as a human actress on the West End. She played Mazeppa in Gypsy with Imelda Staunton, as well as being Imelda's first understudy!

I have been hoping a UK fn would maybe have at least audio of her performance as Mama Rose, but to no avail. At least we have a live performance and the cast recording of her with her fellow actresses singing "You Gotta Get a Gimmick"

I wonder if any of her old Muppet family got to see her shine?