muppet x-mas movie mention in tv guide

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by the_great_gonzo
In the new issue of TV Guide (the fall preview issue) there is a mention of the new Muppet Christmas movie. It says:

And this Christmas offers a special treat for Muppet fans: the gang's first TV-movie. NBC's Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie (December) follows Kermit the Frog as he joins forces with an eccentric angel (David Arquette) sent by God (Whoopi Goldberg) to save the Muppet Theater from the evil landlord (Joan Cusack).
Waaaaaiiiiit a second....how the heck did Joan Cusack get the theater? Where the heck is J. P. Grosse? Why the heck are they trying to cover up Scooter, huh?

also posted by the_great_gonzo
Kermit calls upon his friends to stage a spectacular Christmas show. Snoop Dogg, Carson Daly and the cast of Scrubs make cameo appearances.
Great! Scrubs....NBC PROMO!!!!! NBC PROMO!!!! Heeeeee- eeellll-eeellllpppppp!!!! Can't say I care for the guest stars (except Woopie)

I hope this can bring fans out of the MFS and KSY doldroms ( I'm probably the only one here who like MFS)

towels

Reaction score
Re: Re: muppet x-mas movie mention in tv guide

Originally posted by Drtooth
Waaaaaiiiiit a second....how the heck did Joan Cusack get the theater? Where the heck is J. P. Grosse?
Didn't you hear? He sold the theater to certain foreign interests...
:wink:

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
i like MFS!

wonder when this is airing...not for a few months I suppose...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Waaaaaiiiiit a second....how the heck did Joan Cusack get the theater? Where the heck is J. P. Grosse? Why the heck are they trying to cover up Scooter, huh?<<<

Not sure if the xmas NBC movie fits into "Muppet story continuum", so it could be a stand alone piece that doesnt fit in with the established JP Grosse storyline.

towels

Reaction score
Besides that, isn't there potentially a difference between land owner and land lord?

manoftheSTREET

Reaction score
Don't know if it's a typo or not...

but they mentioned this movie in Entertainment Weekly's Fall TV Preview, and they said that another Cusack would be in the movie.

Of course, I speak of John Cusack, he of "Better Off Dead" and "Say Anything" fame. Any word on whether he'll be in the movie as well, or is Joan the lone Cusack?

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Something tells me the Guide was wrong. I think the lone Joan was the only Cusack to be thrown the Muppet X-Mas movie bone (hehe, I'm a rapper..:smile:)

John was in two of my fav. movies, "Gross Pointe Blank" and "Bullets Over Broadway." Two films that are both very very funny. :smile:

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Not sure if the xmas NBC movie fits into "Muppet story continuum", so it could be a stand alone piece that doesnt fit in with the established JP Grosse storyline.
You know...J.P. Grosse's nose is red. Maybe he hit the bottle pretty bad.

And did anyone else notice that he had a small cameo in MTI?

DrGoshposh

Reaction score
You know, it's possible (speaking of the owner/landlord relationship) that one could own the theater, and the other one couild be the realtor who acts in the owner's intrest. Maybe J.P. is still the owner, but Joan acts as the owner while J.P. is away, or vice versa.