Muppet Treasure Island on Cartoon Network

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Cartoon Network is showing Muppet Treasure Island! Awesome!

:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm upset they didn't announce this. What with CN raiding and airing Disney movies now.
*Huge huggles to Arianne for bringing this up.

He has demons? Cool!
I knew your father Jim, he was a good man.
Will you knock it off with the booze? ! ?

*Waits for Prawny and/or Toga who can recite this entire movie by memory. :eek: :shifty: :super:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*blink* Well I'll be dipped. That's pretty cool! I only wish Disney was showing it... but still pretty darn cool to see it on TV!

And Ed, 'tis not I who can recite it from memory... My half is the one who can do that. :sing:

APRena

Reaction score
My friend called me at nine in the morning to tell me this. I don't get up early for anything except Muppets. She knows me well. :smile:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I'm supposed to be studying, but so far I spent all morning reciting the movie from memory (which I can totally do, haha!)

My favorite Muppet lines ever are in this movie! I just finished watching the fight between the shrimp character and Gonzo flinging starfish! I love it!

And the scene when Kermit swordfights the crap out of Silver, totally awesome!

"Kill Squire Trelawney and Mr. Bimbo and you'll have to...uh...negotiate strenuously!" Rizzo---Love it!

But my absolute favorite line of all Muppetdom comes from an exchange between Sam and Gonzo"

Mr. Arrow-"Is he bad tempered? The man is a raging volcano, tormented by inner demons the likes of which mere mortals cannot fathom!"

Gonzo-"He's got demons! Cool!"

best..lines...ever.

I needed a good study break anyway!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And what's best... They're now showing The Secret of NIMH 1, one of my personally most cherished animated movies of all!
:cry: :smile: :wink:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I noticed that too. I was like "Hey something GOOD on TV." One of the first times in a long time I paid more attenion to my TV than my computer.

Nick22

Reaction score
i was SO happy to see this on. i was very excited. i was shocked too. lol. but why cartoon network? why not disney?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Awesome! Too bad I missed this. I mean, I've of course got a copy of Muppet Treasure Island, but it's still way cool to actually see it airing on TV. I don't know why it is- but I know that whenever I see a cool movie on TV, regardless of whether I already own it on VHS or DVD or whatever and whether I've seen it a million times over, I still wind up flipping to it just because it's on.:smile: