Muppet Thought of the Week: Kermit buzzes

dwayne1115

Reaction score

I saw this post on Facebook, and the casual fans are really having a hard time with Matt as Kermit. The comments are negative towards Disney though and not Matt.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
I just can't understand why other fans can't understand that this was filmed a while back. Matt has improved tremendously and gotten better as Kermit since then!! People who are still complaining about Matt and saying that Disney should re-hire Steve: Please get over it. It's in the past and there's nothing we can do about it. It's just how it is. Plus, we should be supporting Matt, not hating on him.

Anyway, while I don't particularly love the Muppet Thought of the Weeks, I thought this one was amusing enough! This is better than no Muppets at all!

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why they filmed so many of these a while back. It would make more sense to reshoot some of the Kermit ones now (it wouldn't be that hard) to show Matt's improvement. Even just dub over it!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest, I stopped looking at fan comments cause they just ruin it for me. I'm pretty much used to Matt's Kermit now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So here is a question for you all who are more used to Matt and Kermit. Voice aside do you think Matt is doing a God job with the character of Kermit?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'd say so.
I hope so... I hope it's just me, but I don't quite see it. I would think that Kermit would be the hardest character to take over for anyone under any circumstances. I mean we have all heard from Steve and others how it was hard after Jim passed for Steve to take on Kermit. Nowe granted we can not expect Matt to do everything like Steve may have done, and with time Matt will slowly add little things to Kermit's character that will make Kermit his own.
I feel sorry for Matt to be quite honest, because he was given huge shoes to fill under a very tense situation.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
So here is a question for you all who are more used to Matt and Kermit. Voice aside do you think Matt is doing a God job with the character of Kermit?
I think he is. When Steve took over Kermit from Jim, his Kermit wasn't exactly "there" either. It took time to make Kermit his own.