Muppet song covers

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by punkNpuppets
I think Frank Sinatra sucks...i'm looking for PUNK covers, or even just any kind of rock covers
I respect your opinion, but I don't know how anyone can say he sucks. He's one of the most popular artists ever, and responsible for so much that many artists take for granted today. As a fan of punk, I think you would be more respective of artists from other areas of music, as that is so much of what punk is.

Personally, I love Frank. Such a great voice, talent, and interesting character (to say the least)

jeremyactor

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly, radionate. I personally don't like punk music (except for my friends who are in a band that does punk and non punk - I like their music), but I don't go out and say somebody sucks if I simply don't enjoy their music. Musicians work VERY hard to create and perform their music, and it's disrespectful to just dismiss something you don't enjoy and say it sucks.

But for the record, I'm not sure if I like Frank or Gonzo's version of "My Way" better :smile: Frank did it great, but Gonzo did it very well too...

Jeremy

Struble

Reaction score

I think Frank Sinatra sucks...
Ooooo, you best not diss the Chairman of the Board -- and I don't mean Carrot Top.

You need to step outside sometime and realize that most of your favorite punk bands like stuff that isn't punk at all -- which is how we get the punk rock covers of stuff. C'mon, even Syd Vicious covered My Way.

I understand you are going for a thematic thing here -- Punk Rock covers of muppet tunes -- but you should take the time to give Frank a chance. He's done some great songs.

Regrets, Sh. has a few, but then again few to mention...

scarecroe

Reaction score

I think Frank Sinatra sucks...
You've got an opinion, that's cool. I think punk is one of the most defiling genres of music that's ever cultivated from our society... and we've got some beauties. But even then, I do find some redeeming qualities therein every so often.

For example, I think the Me First and Less Than Jake covers of The Rainbow Connection are crude and disgusting. Same goes for Fall Silent's Sesame cover. On the other hand, Allister's Fraggle Rock and Skin's Mahna Mahna are fantastic. Why? Because they have the potential to work in this manner to begin with anyway.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
well, i just don't like that show tune music. i mean, i know about Sid Vicious covering "My Way", same with Gonzo. but i think those versions are better than Frank's.

radionate

Reaction score
well, i just don't like that show tune music. i mean, i know about Sid Vicious covering "My Way", same with Gonzo. but i think those versions are better than Frank's.
I'm a little confused at how you don't like "show tune" music, yet you have a love for the Muppets. You do realize that they are what they are because of "show tune" music. The Muppet Show was chocked full of show tunes. The movies are all classic examples of movie musicals (i.e. showtunes). The TV specials, full of musical numbers. Fraggle Rock? More showtunes. S.Street? yep, you guessed it, showtunes. Just a little perplexing to me.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Darn...

Originally posted by jeremyactor
I can't see Ray Charles ever becoming a punk artist.

And neither can he! (RIMSHOT!)

Get it? Cuz he's blind? Ahh.... you don't get it.

Jeremy
Wish I'd've thought of that!!

F:cool:Z

(Oh, yeah, Frank DID suck...back some martinis or other drinks, maybe a Tootsi Roll Tootsie Pop, heh heh!!)

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
alright, listen...

I don't like show tunes, but if it's the Muppets singing show tunes, I'll back it. Soo, here's me backing it. (walks backwards then stops)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though I whole heartedly disagree on Punknpuppet's standing on Frank Sinatra (I find his music quite relaxing, thank you!) Pnp is a fan of Punk music. I do not know anyone, besides me, who can listen to Punk and Frank Sinatra, but that's cause I'm Kookoo!

Anyway, I, for one, dislike show tunes except ones from the Producers, Little Shop of Horrors, and Rocky Horror picture show. (I would like to see the Muppets try to cover any of those! "specially Rocky Horror songs!)

Does anyone know of any Punk songs the Muppets covered?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS IS MY FAVE!!

"YOu're a plant, an inanimate object!"

"DOES THIS LOOK INANIMATE TO YOU, PUNK?"