Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Contact Steve over at the Muppetcast he really has his foot in the door with a lot of people over at Muppet Studios, and might could get an answer.

I think they sould just give the DVD rights over to Lionsgate, and let them do like they have been with Henosn. Relessing anything and everything they can get there hands on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they sould just give the DVD rights over to Lionsgate, and let them do like they have been with Henosn. Relessing anything and everything they can get there hands on.
Disney has been solid with these releases, if slow. Other than the fact that circumstances beyond their control caused Season 1 to be heavily edited, they have delivered some great stuff. And there really seems to be some strategic blatherskite keeping this release at bay.

That said, Lionsgate should TOTALLY take over Disney Afternoon related stuff (again, Disney's 2000 era sitcoms are sub licensed to them) so we can get the rest of all the stuff they already released. And get us some other stuff too. They're mad for not releasing any Buzz Lightyear of Star Command sets or (reluctantly) best ofs to co-inside with TS3.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I have to admit, I've become a little impatient here. I have full faith that Disney will release this set, but having waited over two years for this, I've taken to purchasing old "Best of The Muppet Show" DVDs... It ain't cheap, I tell ya! But at least I'm getting something from The Muppet Show.

SeanC

Reaction score
I have to admit, I've become a little impatient here. I have full faith that Disney will release this set, but having waited over two years for this, I've taken to purchasing old "Best of The Muppet Show" DVDs...
Have thought about doing that myself... but so far have held off. If season 4 doesn't appear soon I may not be able to help myself... :smile:

SeanC

Reaction score
They won't change over to blu-ray overnight. Besides somebody said somewhere else that Muppet Show isn't really ideal for blu-ray because it was videotaped when it was filmed.
Yeah, 'The Muppet Show' was shot on 2 inch PAL videotape, so a hi-def transfer wouldn't improve the picture quality to any serious degree ( perhaps only just slightly to a viewer used to watching NTSC conversions ).
On the other hand, the various Muppet movies, having been shot on film, would certainly benefit from the added resolution.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On the other hand, the various Muppet movies, having been shot on film, would certainly benefit from the added resolution.
if Disney wants a major Muppet DVD release when the new movie comes out, they very well could release new special editions of the movies Disney owns, and make them special editions worthy of the "special edition" label.

Drtooth

Reaction score
if Disney wants a major Muppet DVD release when the new movie comes out, they very well could release new special editions of the movies Disney owns, and make them special editions worthy of the "special edition" label.
Yeah... and HELLO... Muppet Show season 5... Muppets Tonight. Even a collected "complete series" set or something.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Wait you wouldn't want to forget, The Jim Henson Hour. I'd also be nice to have on DVD/Blu-ray.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait you wouldn't want to forget, The Jim Henson Hour. I'd also be nice to have on DVD/Blu-ray.:smile:
The Jim Henson Hour as we know it is an impossibility. And the segments outside the "Muppet Central" stuff belong to Henson, who's releasing those segments via Lionsgate. So, if anything, we'll get the segments without the Muppet Show Muppets.

James Denny

Reaction score
Okay according to Perez Hilton the release date for the new Muppet movie is 2011. Fine but do the cross promotion with Season 5, stop sitting around and get Season 4 out this year please Disney