Muppet Show Question

GuySmiley

Reaction score
I think I am right in thinking that everyone involved with the programme knew that the Muppet Show would end at the end of season five. My question is - did they do anything special on that last episode - who was the guest star? And, did Kermit say 'We'll see you next time on the Muppet Show!' or was that different?

Just wondered, as I have never seen it!

Guy!

Ryan

Reaction score
Hey, America's favorite game show host!-

The last episode TAPED was Gene Kelly. It's very intresting as that episode revolves around Beauregard beliving the end of the world was coming (as the show was ending, kind of a running gag) but the last aired in most places was Roger Moore. Just a regular old episode with no real goodbyes. Kind of a pathetic ending! :frown:

Hey, FR's ending was great though!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Gene Kelly episode

The 'end of the world' running gag was written with that in mind (that is, it was written as a finale). Also, we see the announcer and Pigs in Space reaches the end of the universe, where they will be given the meaning and purpose of life. Here's how it ends-

Bo: "The end is near!"
Kermit: "No, the end is now. We'll see you next time on the Muppet Show!"

Kind of a double meaning to 'the end is now' if you think about it.

Gene Kelly is episode #97 and Roger Moore is episode #120, but I always think of the Gene Kelly episode as the finale (and taping and writing wise, it was.)

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole