Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oliver said:
I reeeaally hope the pilot episode, "Sex and Violence", is included in the set!!!

I'm hanging onto my TL discs until it's confirmed that these are complete and unedited though, I'm weary of rights issues and Disney's been known to alter content on home video releases...
That's a good idea, because even if they do release them season by season, it would take a while to get all five seasons out. So if you get a season one set, you'll still have tapes of the later episodes. I'm hoping their season one eps will have the original opening credits which have been lost for years.

Rowbes

Reaction score
A lot of people in this thread have been praising Disney for this news.

I just want to point out that the Disney deal was for ownership over the Muppets for any and all NEW PRODUCTIONS and that all previous work (excluding sesame street) is still in the possession of the Hensons. This DVD set will not be a Disney release. Sorry to be so technical, I just can't stand to see Disney YET AGAIN get credit for something they had nothing to do with.

"one of the things that made me the greatest king in memory, and a legend in my own time, is my lack of conceit." - Jim Henson as the King

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Rowbes said:
A lot of people in this thread have been praising Disney for this news.

I just want to point out that the Disney deal was for ownership over the Muppets for any and all NEW PRODUCTIONS and that all previous work (excluding sesame street) is still in the possession of the Hensons. This DVD set will not be a Disney release. Sorry to be so technical, I just can't stand to see Disney YET AGAIN get credit for something they had nothing to do with.
Sorry but you are wrong. Disney (or should I say the Muppet Holding Company, a subdivision of Disney) did buy the past productions of the Muppets (with a few rare exceptions). They own almost all of the Muppets works, they bought the past prodocution catalog of works the Muppet have done (re-read the press release from the deal).

The Muppet Holding Company owns the compleate rights to the Muppet Show and they are the ones behind these DVDs. The Jim Henson Company is still around the Muppets as "creative consultants" on all productions/products; so they do have a hand in these DVDs. But the Muppet Holding Company (Disney) is the one who are producting and making these happen.

:smile:

Mark Filton said:
Thanks for stealing our money, Time/Life
Only 40% (less than half) of the Muppet Show episodes were released by TimeLife. You may have some duplicate episodes but there are episodes you don’t have. Also, it may be awhile until all the seasons are released and those DVDs will tide you over until they are (and have until now). They new DVDs won't conflict with a majority of your collection for another 2-5 years until they are all released. You can always sell your old DVDs if you are pressed for cash; or keep them as a collectors item. Also you don't have to buy the new sets if you feel ripped off.

Mark Filton said:
Okay, Disney, let's see what you got. Don't censor things like you did with Emmet Otter
Disney did not release the editied DVD of Emmet Otter. Disney does not own Emmet Otter. The edits in Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas were due to the Jim Henson Company. Disney has nothing to do with Emmet Otter.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hooray! I missed this news somehow, but I'm glad to hear it--I too feel a bit weird about having duplicates with the Time/Life set, but I am seriously looking forward to having the whole durn show!

:smile: :excited:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
:sing: happy dancin' :sing:

OMG w00t

Can't wait

F____ my not being able to spell disney rite this evening

They've made me a believer!

Put on Of Muppets and Men!!!

Put that together with a Best of Duran Duran set and I'm in heaven :smile:

BJ

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Sorry but you are wrong. Disney (or should I say the Muppet Holding Company, a subdivision of Disney) did buy the past productions of the Muppets (with a few rare exceptions). They own almost all of the Muppets works, they bought the past prodocution catalog of works the Muppet have done (re-read the press release from the deal).

The Muppet Holding Company owns the compleate rights to the Muppet Show and they are the ones behind these DVDs. The Jim Henson Company is still around the Muppets as "creative consultants" on all productions/products; so they do have a hand in these DVDs. But the Muppet Holding Company (Disney) is the one who are producting and making these happen.

:smile:

Only 40% (less than half) of the Muppet Show episodes were released by TimeLife. You may have some duplicate episodes but there are episodes you don’t have. Also, it may be awhile until all the seasons are released and those DVDs will tide you over until they are (and have until now). They new DVDs won't conflict with a majority of your collection for another 2-5 years until they are all released. You can always sell your old DVDs if you are pressed for cash; or keep them as a collectors item. Also you don't have to buy the new sets if you feel ripped off.

Disney did not release the editied DVD of Emmet Otter. Disney does not own Emmet Otter. The edits in Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas were due to the Jim Henson Company. Disney has nothing to do with Emmet Otter.

Ture that bro. Somtimes I WISH ppl would read the press release before posting negitive stuff! :rolleyes: Disney did ONCE (even tho i know it doesn't count now!) release Emmet Otter on vhs waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1996, i have the video tape and i own the DVD sony put out a few years ago. Wasn't this part of the HIT! deal? if so i thought they (HIT!) would have released it by now for THIS christmas! :smile:

Rowbes

Reaction score
i stand humbly corrected. And awfully disappointed.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
It would be awesome if they did what was done for Seinfeld and release multiple seasons at once. I know it won't happen but I can hardly wait. I was always feeling disappointed when I went into Circuit City or someplace and saw tons of complete seasons (Wonder Woman, all 732 versions of CSI, Starsky and Hutch, Dukes of Hazzard, Good Times, Stanford and Son, etc) and especially other variety shows like The Ben Stiller Show or In Living Color. I would browse and browse hoping to see The Muppet Show wedged between Mary Tyler Moore and Nip/Tuck. Now, it will finally be so!

MockMockChef

Reaction score
I hope they will have the Pilots of TMS with no cut parts.I hope that the box sets of TMS are fast be avalible. :smile: :excited: