Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

dbarrie

Reaction score
In the words of Kermit, "YAY!" :smile:

OI MuppetFan

beepela

Reaction score
Spectacular! For one of the most popular television shows EVER this is such a no-brainer! I'm just surprised it took them this long! Can I start lining up now to get me some Muppet Show?!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
TVShowsonDVD.com is a great site, but just cause they said it does not make it any more (or less) true, they are just a TVDVD fansite. Their only source for the information on TMS dvds is this post, so them saying it does not back this information up any more or less. It is this exact information. It is not confimed any more by them posting the news, it is just shared with more people.'This is exciting news and I am happy to see it is in the works, I hope TMHC gives an official statement or information on this to conferm the story even more.

pollick529

Reaction score
I wonder if they are going to have the original openings or are they gonna use the stupid syndication versions. I hope they will be seen as they were originally aired, even though I already have those versions. :smile:

foofoocakes

Reaction score
I am a little bummed that I bought the whole set last time but I am so excited about this release I am doing the happy dance. I don't even care If I'll have duplicates. :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm so glad that I only bought only one of the single disc 3 episode for 15 dollar ones. I can't wait to get these sets! :big_grin:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
foofoocakes said:
I am a little bummed that I bought the whole set last time but I am so excited about this release I am doing the happy dance. I don't even care If I'll have duplicates. :smile:
Only 40% (less than half) of the Muppet Show episodes were released by TimeLife. You may have some duplicate episodes but there are episodes you don’t have. Also, it may be awhile until all the seasons are released and those DVDs will tide you over until they are. Third, you can always sell your old DVDs if you are pressed for cash; or keep them as a collectors item.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
pollick529 said:
I wonder if they are going to have the original openings or are they gonna use the stupid syndication versions. I hope they will be seen as they were originally aired, even though I already have those versions. :smile:
This is my concern as well. I would much rather have the original openings. Even if they included at least one as like an easter egg or something, that'd be something. I know the newer opening is visually superior in many respects, but I prefer the original when viewing the first season. Especially since they re-use the same S&W gag and Gonzo trumpet gag for about 90% of the updated first season episodes(at least that's how they ran on CTS here in Canada).

Also I hope they don't remove the end bit where Zoot blows his sax for the last note. Currently when they air, it's replaced with the Henson logo.

But even if these changes are left in, I'm still excited over this long overdue release. I'm hoping something official gets announced soon.

anathema

Reaction score
Mickey Moose said:
Also I hope they don't remove the end bit where Zoot blows his sax for the last note. Currently when they air, it's replaced with the Henson logo.
I'd be astounded if they did keep the original shot, since all copies of this shot have the ATV/ITC logos and copyright messages superimposed on them, and it is highly unlikely that Disney/Henson would release shows which carry copyright messages for a company that a) no longer owns the copyright, and b) no longer exists. Be nice if they did though!