Muppet Show DVD Easter egg

CrockAlley

Reaction score
Sorry if this is redundant information. I just found this on DVD Easter Eggs.com.

Each DVD also has an Easter Egg! On the main menu, after the curtain opens you will see Animal bounce down on the upper left corner of the screen. Move the cursor up until Animal is highlighted, and press Enter. This will reveal a fun "Did You Know?" fact about one of the shows on the disc you are watching. For example, Volume 9 (with Ralph the Dog and Sam the Eagle on the cover) has episodes with Guest Stars James Coburn, Sylvester Stallone, and Debbie Harry ("Blondie"). The "Did You Know?" fact on this volume discusses the inclusion of the Sylvester Stallone M.S. introduction into the film Rocky III, but with Sly's name over-dubbed to say "Rocky Balboa" instead.
Here's the original page.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
That's actually a special feature.....or is it?

- :eek:

Mr. The-suspense-is-killing-me-Penguin

jediX

Reaction score
More like un-special, if you ask me. Those dvds are good and all, but the "extra" stuff is just....meh.....

jediX

Reaction score
Afterthought: The extras on The Muppet Movie, MTI, and (maybe) XMas Carol (I just got the dvd yesterday and havn't watched yet) are awesome. I mean, the whole behind the scenes on MTI was worth getting the dvd even though I have the vhs and the screen test stuff on TMM is funny to watch. That's what extras are supposed to be, not just some random trivia fact.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
jediX said:
Afterthought: The extras on The Muppet Movie, MTI, and (maybe) XMas Carol (I just got the dvd yesterday and havn't watched yet) are awesome. I mean, the whole behind the scenes on MTI was worth getting the dvd even though I have the vhs and the screen test stuff on TMM is funny to watch. That's what extras are supposed to be, not just some random trivia fact.

The extras on MTI seriously rock my world! They are very random and fun- very muppet-y! :big_grin:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The screen tests for TMM made me almost wet myself I was laughing so hard.

Good to mention those Easter Eggs though, CrockAlley, I found them by accident. But truth be told... Muppetisms just never got me goin'. They're a neat idea, but not real great, neither are the "Name That Flick" spots, I really don't like them.

I love the Brian Henson intros, but I hate when they reuse the same ones in some episodes. But I don't want this to be all negative, so I'll just leave it that the highlighted Animal easter eggs rule.