Muppet Screening in Atlanta TONIGHT (June 10)

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Hi all,

This is kind of last minute, but Heather Henson's mini-festival of puppet film and video, Handmade Puppet Dreams is in Atlanta tonight (June 10) at the Centre for Puppetry Arts. A bunch of fantastic puppet films and videos will be shown, including two unaired Muppet pilots.

I've post links and a little more info in blog, click here.

There's also some info on the Puppet Centre web site.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I don't know if I'll be able to make that.But I'll try.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you can go, you should. It's a great program. If you do make it, please file a report here and tell us all about it.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Well,I went to The Handmade Puppet Dreams Movie Fest last night,and I really liked it.A couple of the regular puppet films were either crude or strange,but other than I enjoyed them.There were about 100 people that showed up last night,ages ranging from 12 to people in their 70's.I really enjoyed getting to see Heather Henson talk about each film.There were about 13 films all together,10 puppet films and around 3 early muppet films.
Here is the list & discription of the puppet films shown last night.
Film 1:Harker,a silent film with organ music,that describes Harker trying to get his fiancae(SPELLING?) back from this creapy looking villian.

Film 2:Sammy and Sofa,Well Sammy is basically living in the world of Pee-Herman,although this film is a lot funnier.

Film 3:stick_out_tongue:elude#2,basically a car crash using puppets.

Film 4:Ola's box of clovers,a puppet renactment of a elderly lady's death.

Film 5:Last Rites,a devil & nun,boxing.

Film 6:Everloving,two mummies swimming underwater.Thats basically it for that film.

Film 7:Herd,a really wierd film about hamburgers.

Film 8:Mary Anning and her monsters,a true story about the first female palientologist(spelling?).

Film 9:stick_out_tongue:opsicle,puppets lip synching to a song,which has the same title as the film.

Film 10:Graveyard jamboree with Mysterious Mose,the title basically speaks for it self.

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
Continuation,The 3 early muppet films were...
The first two had two,boy & girl muppets named Billy & Sue.And a devil-like-muppet named Sneegle.The first one was a funny film,about getting into a car-crash.The second film was a church related one about sharing.It was also funny.And finally The Tales of Tinkerdee,which we've all either heard about or read about.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
JoeyMuppet said:
Film 10:Graveyard jamboree with Mysterious Mose,the title basically speaks for it self.
I saw this on youtube.com and loved it it's very muppety!

JoeyMuppet

Reaction score
I think I read on the credits last night,that one of the people that worked on that film was Don Sahlin.