Muppet Robin Hood comic coming April 29, 2009

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
BOOM! Studios is planning to follow-up their four-part "Muppet Show" comic book series with a four-part Muppetational retelling of "Robin Hood". The new series is being written by Tim Beedle, while the artwork is being done by Armand Villavert Jr.

Robin Hood (Kermit the Frog) and the Merry Men take on the stuffy Sheriff of Muppetham (Sam the Eagle) and the wicked Gonzo of Gisbourne (The Great Gonzo). The four issue mini-series will also feature special collectible covers by David Peterson and Shelli Paroline.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHOA! A new artist! That's AWESOME! The artwork looks GREAT! I look forward to seeing what this guy can do! So far it looks incredible! Can't wait to see more about this! I KNOW I'll be getting this one! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
WHOA! A new artist! That's AWESOME! The artwork looks GREAT!
Ah, I think that's amazing... right there, having a different artist for Muppet comics really makes the idea pop (what I've been saying all along). The art looks a lot more storybook in this one, and considering that it is a storybook comic, I like that change. I really want to see more art samples (we've seen a lot of the other guy... but then again, he planned most of those comics a year or more before they were published)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm not as excited about this as I am The Muppet Show comic booc, but I wonder who will play Little John. I'd expect Fozzie, but he's playing Friar Tuck. I woder if Robin will play Little John (which would be ironic since he's not Robin Hood).

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow this is awsome i really hope that it comes out soon . i like what u said about about the comics to i am very excied about them to .

They are going to be great , i think maybe the robin hood , comic might be better than the movie but we shall see .

Fozzie as fr tuck would be really great ,:smile:

Roughneck

Reaction score
In nearly every adaptation of Robin Hood the first meeting of Robin and Little John is a staff fight to cross the river.

I was going to Guess Sweetums before seeing that pic as he is huge....a bigger role for a smaller character but it fits....and then after seeing that pic I would say it is solid.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In nearly every adaptation of Robin Hood the first meeting of Robin and Little John is a staff fight to cross the river.
Really? I don't recall any such meeting in the Disney adaptation, or the Lynn Redgrave episode, or the WB shorts based on the story.