Muppet Rides

AAO

Reaction score
Shouldn't Disney consider adding more Muppet attractions?

AAO

Reaction score
Disney Attractions with Muppets

I've been to Disney a good four times. Everytime I go, I always go to Muppet Vision 3*D. It's one of my favorite attractions from all four Disney Theme Parks. I even got my picture with Kermit and Piggy. It was great. The fountain, the music playing throughout the Muppet Square, and all the silly pictures of Muppet Movies that "didn't" make it. But now that Disney owns the rights to the Muppets, do you think they'll add more attractions starring our favorite Muppet characters? I don't see why not?! There's millions of Muppet fans that I'm sure would enjoy riding rides with The Muppets as the star. Like for instance, the ride at Disney called, "The Great Movie Ride" would be one of the best options to place some of the Muppets. For instance, as you enter the world of all these films, we get to see sets or remakes of "Wizard of Oz", "Casablanca", "Alien", and many more. Well, I think they should have a section devoted to the Muppet's films. I could see it now, Kermit sitting on the log in the swamp playing his banjo singing "Rainbow Connection". Of course, it would be an animatronic Kermit. :smile: Then have another section devoted to "The Great Muppet Caper" with Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie in the Hot Air Balloon and have Miss Piggy and a few others riding bicycles. By the way, I actually have saw the "real" hot air balloon used in "The Great Muppet Caper". It was on display at a Disney World along with other movie props. Inside the balloon was Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo! I took hundreds of pictures, but, all of the pictures were "lost in the mail"! But I'll always remember it.

BEAR

Reaction score
AAO said:
I've been to Disney a good four times. Everytime I go, I always go to Muppet Vision 3*D. It's one of my favorite attractions from all four Disney Theme Parks. I even got my picture with Kermit and Piggy. It was great. The fountain, the music playing throughout the Muppet Square, and all the silly pictures of Muppet Movies that "didn't" make it. But now that Disney owns the rights to the Muppets, do you think they'll add more attractions starring our favorite Muppet characters? I don't see why not?! There's millions of Muppet fans that I'm sure would enjoy riding rides with The Muppets as the star. Like for instance, the ride at Disney called, "The Great Movie Ride" would be one of the best options to place some of the Muppets. For instance, as you enter the world of all these films, we get to see sets or remakes of "Wizard of Oz", "Casablanca", "Alien", and many more. Well, I think they should have a section devoted to the Muppet's films. I could see it now, Kermit sitting on the log in the swamp playing his banjo singing "Rainbow Connection". Of course, it would be an animatronic Kermit. :smile: Then have another section devoted to "The Great Muppet Caper" with Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzie in the Hot Air Balloon and have Miss Piggy and a few others riding bicycles. By the way, I actually have saw the "real" hot air balloon used in "The Great Muppet Caper". It was on display at a Disney World along with other movie props. Inside the balloon was Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo! I took hundreds of pictures, but, all of the pictures were "lost in the mail"! But I'll always remember it.
Yes I remember all that stuff from when i went to Walt Disney Word a few years ago. I took pictures of all that stuff. It was cool to see such a large section of the MGM park decked out with Muppet stuff around the Muppet Vision attraction. I just wish they had more of that over here at Disneyland in California. They have Muppet Vision but that's it. They used to have a dance/music show too featuring Animal and a few others but that was stopped before I got a chance to see it.
As for the movie ride in Disney World, they should have the "Rainbow Connection" swamp scene with Kermit singing the song. That's all I would ask for really.

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
As for the movie ride in Disney World, they should have the "Rainbow Connection" swamp scene with Kermit singing the song. That's all I would ask for really.
You know what would be REALLY cool? Rather than have an animatronic Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection", have a live Kermit (performed by a real puppeteer) lip-synching to well-known Kermit tracks at one point in the movie ride. "Rainbow Connection", "One More Sleep 'til Christmas", "Happy Feet", "The Magic Store", "Bein' Green"... that really could work.

Oh, you know what would be even cooler? If you had different live Muppets performing some well-known sketches! For instance, the aforementioned "Rainbow Connection" and "Bein' Green", "Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear" with Fozzie and Scooter, "Lady of Spain" with Marvin Suggs, "I'm Five" with Robin, "Can You Picture That?", etc. etc. etc... Now that would be something I'd make the trip down to Florida just to see! :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
You know what would be REALLY cool? Rather than have an animatronic Kermit singing "Rainbow Connection", have a live Kermit (performed by a real puppeteer) lip-synching to well-known Kermit tracks at one point in the movie ride. "Rainbow Connection", "One More Sleep 'til Christmas", "Happy Feet", "The Magic Store", "Bein' Green"... that really could work.

Oh, you know what would be even cooler? If you had different live Muppets performing some well-known sketches! For instance, the aforementioned "Rainbow Connection" and "Bein' Green", "Simon Smith and his Amazing Dancing Bear" with Fozzie and Scooter, "Lady of Spain" with Marvin Suggs, "I'm Five" with Robin, "Can You Picture That?", etc. etc. etc... Now that would be something I'd make the trip down to Florida just to see! :smile:
Nice thought, but some of those songs you mentioned aren't from the movies and that is what the attraction is all about. I like your idea about the Kermit songs but then we wouldn't be able to see all of them in one turn on the ride. The ride has to keep moving and each of those songs are at least a few minutes long. I guess we would have to keep going on the ride to see if we can catch each one.

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Nice thought, but some of those songs you mentioned aren't from the movies and that is what the attraction is all about. I like your idea about the Kermit songs but then we wouldn't be able to see all of them in one turn on the ride. The ride has to keep moving and each of those songs are at least a few minutes long. I guess we would have to keep going on the ride to see if we can catch each one.
Well, one option is to have only two Kermit songs: "One More Sleep 'til Christmas" and "Rainbow Connection". Why only two? Well, in the current Great Movie Ride, there are two sides to the ride. In one side, you get hijacked by a mobster; in the other, you get hijacked by a cowboy. So, on one side, we have "Rainbow Connection", with a tape loop and the puppeteer performing; on the other side, the same thing, only with "One More Sleep". That could work! :smile:

AAO

Reaction score
well, i agree, but I think I'd stick with Bear's idea. The Rainbow Connection would be plenty. Have a nice swamp scene, Kermit's log, Kermit & Banjo, have an animatronic alligator (*ARNIE*) LOL and behind him would be a large screen with quick clips of "the Muppet Movie" playing. And I don't think having a live puppeteer performing would be good. For the ride goes ALL day and that would be very tireing to have to have Kermit look life like everytime a car would go by. Though, everyone's opinion counts.

AAO

Reaction score
OH! I just thought up a ride for the Muppets. Use Bunser and Beaker and you are to go through Muppet Labs going through many tests and mayhem. Of course, Gonzo could be used as a test dummy, Miss Piggy would show us her new make-up that causes madness, Kermit is attempting to stop the maddness, Fozzie's joke machine isn't going so well, Crazy Harry gets loose in the lab blowing up everything, Pepe could battle the Swedish Chef in the kitchen, Sam attempts to teach the riders how foolish they are to be caught on this ride...and so much more! Statler and Waldorf could even heckle you at the beginning and end of the ride. Also, they need to have another small theater with the Electric Mayhem. Something like the Country Bears Jamboree that's at the Magic Kingdom. Have one of the Muppet's host the event, not Kermit, we don't want overkill. But maybe use essential Muppet Monsters and maybe have Rowlf the Dog host! He could have his own special piece in the show, Piggy "attempting" to have her own solo, but is overtaken by another act. Of course, have Dr. Teeth sing classics and end it with a big revue of The Electric Mayhem doing a mixture of the songs they've done throughout the years- y'know, as a time piece of all of their "hits".

BEAR

Reaction score
AAO said:
well, i agree, but I think I'd stick with Bear's idea. The Rainbow Connection would be plenty. Have a nice swamp scene, Kermit's log, Kermit & Banjo, have an animatronic alligator (*ARNIE*) LOL and behind him would be a large screen with quick clips of "the Muppet Movie" playing. And I don't think having a live puppeteer performing would be good. For the ride goes ALL day and that would be very tireing to have to have Kermit look life like everytime a car would go by. Though, everyone's opinion counts.
As long as the onscreen clips had no sound, otherwise it would interfere with Kermit's song.

BEAR

Reaction score
AAO said:
OH! I just thought up a ride for the Muppets. Use Bunser and Beaker and you are to go through Muppet Labs going through many tests and mayhem. Of course, Gonzo could be used as a test dummy, Miss Piggy would show us her new make-up that causes madness, Kermit is attempting to stop the maddness, Fozzie's joke machine isn't going so well, Crazy Harry gets loose in the lab blowing up everything, Pepe could battle the Swedish Chef in the kitchen, Sam attempts to teach the riders how foolish they are to be caught on this ride...and so much more! Statler and Waldorf could even heckle you at the beginning and end of the ride. Also, they need to have another small theater with the Electric Mayhem. Something like the Country Bears Jamboree that's at the Magic Kingdom. Have one of the Muppet's host the event, not Kermit, we don't want overkill. But maybe use essential Muppet Monsters and maybe have Rowlf the Dog host! He could have his own special piece in the show, Piggy "attempting" to have her own solo, but is overtaken by another act. Of course, have Dr. Teeth sing classics and end it with a big revue of The Electric Mayhem doing a mixture of the songs they've done throughout the years- y'know, as a time piece of all of their "hits".
Sadly they don't have Country Bear Jamboree anymore. That used to be one of my all time fav attractions.