Muppet Replicas on Ebay

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hmm, Sesame Workshop lawyers must be a little too tough for this guy. He's only got his Sesame puppet photos as additional pics in his original puppet listings. Elmo, The Count, Ernie, and Grover all have pics in those other auctions.

I wonder if those auctions will get pulled too this time?

spcglider

Reaction score
I guess we can wait and see.

I'm sure Ebay has hundreds and thousands of listings that get reported like this every day. Its just gonna be whether or not they get to them in seven days.

Frankly, I haven't ever seen this person actually sell any of their replicas, and with starting bids upwards of $500 or more, what they're really getting out of it is paying a lot for listing.

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
Anybody know what kind of listing fee you pay when you put something up on ebay with a starting bid of $2500.00 +?

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
I wonder if those auctions will get pulled too this time?
Seems so. Looks like they are onto this guy. I followed a link and the Scooter puppet was gone. I'll have to check the others.

-G

P.S. I checked. Not only are the Muppet listings gone, but so are the originals. Ebay is a harsh mistress, eh?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, tere is sombody who is really on the muppets side over there. It's a good thing.:smile:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
It seems like they'd ban his IP address, or his bank/credit account or something to keep him off though.

I wonder what his next username will be? :smirk:

spcglider

Reaction score
Yeah, tere is sombody who is really on the muppets side over there. It's a good thing.:smile:
Well, I guess it's not like you could really mistake what they were.

I am a little vexed that Ebay took a shotgun approach and whacked all the listings. The originals were very good and not infringing at all. Except unless they took umbrage that he had Muppet replica pics IN the originals listings.

But I guess they aren't about to take any chances, are they?

-G

spcglider

Reaction score
It seems like they'd ban his IP address, or his bank/credit account or something to keep him off though.

I wonder what his next username will be? :smirk:
If Ebay decides that he's a chronic offender, they'll ban him from selling. I don't know exactly how they'll go about that, but since he's got to provide a name with a credit card and an email, they probably won't have much trouble in programming their auto-cops to deny him access.

But I think it takes some pretty tough infractions to get that far. I've had auctions pulled in the past for no good reason, but it was a token slap on the wrist and they didn't stop me from listing.

But I don't know how they'll handle this one. Time will tell.

-Gordon

fink

Reaction score
anybody still has pics of these replicas ?

I would love to see , these items ??
doesen't someone has saved the pics
?:excited: