Muppet Productions Ranked

Old Thunder

Reaction score
38. It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
Average Score: 5.43/10
Television Films 2/2

And just like that, the television films have already left our countdown. They certainly didn't last long. This is the first entry I've actually seen. I think it was okay but didn't have much of the traditional Muppety charm necessary. Whoopi was a cool choice for God, though.

A few people genuinely loved this film, others hated it, and some thought it was just average - which is pretty much where it's ended up.

Choice comments:
This is definitely a lot of fun.
Thought the film was BRILLIANT. I think that without a doubt the Muppets really shone in this special. Hands down it was the best thing I have seen in years on the Muppets.
I was blown away by this movie.
I'd predict this movie has a little 'MFS' about it. People will love the start and then be a little miffed by the end but it's definitely a start at bringing back the ol'Muppet Magic.
Great show, but I think it was done already, wasn't it called "It's A Wonderful Life"? :wink:
But that's what makes this special awesome; it takes something we are all really familiar with and gives it a fresh wacky twist. I love this one and watch it every year!
This one I had mixed feelings about. I thought the humor and attitude were just way off target for the most part. But I did find it touching when Kermit realizes he shouldn't have wished he was never born. And I personally thought Whoopi did a good job. :smile:
I still say it was the worst Muppet movie ever made! It was almost like some sad, disturbed, digruntled person thought to himself "I'm going to make my own version of Its a Wonderful Life, make it dark and depressing, and stick the muppets in it!"
I liked the film; however it appears that it loses its focus at times.
Not a fave of mine. The whole vibe of the film was somewhat depressing in my opinion, and just not Christmassy enough, y'know? Nah, sorry guys, didn't like it. *Shrug* It's not unwatchable or anything, it just didn't appeal to me.
For me its ok to watch it now and then.
Votes:
10 - 2
9 - 0
8 - 2
7 - 0
6 - 3
5 - 3
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 2

Overall:
39. From the Balcony
40. Little Muppet Monsters
41. The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
42. Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular
43. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
44. Studio DC: Almost Live

Groupings:
TV Series 1/8
Television Films 2/2 (5.04 avg.)
Television Specials 3/22
Web Series 1/2

Old Thunder

Reaction score
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
Average Score: 5.57/10
Direct-to-Video Releases 1/2

Just as the television films fade out, the direct-to-video releases fade in. Kermit's Swamp Years had a lot of the Muppety charm we all know and love, IMO, but it's always been a controversial film. I liked it, many did not.

Voting was very spread out here. The only thing people didn't give it was a 1, which surprised me but I'm glad about nonetheless.

Choice comments:
Met my expectations. Exactly what I expected. Cute little movie for kids.
I really hated it. I think that is the first time I ever said that about a muppet production. But it was really bad. Lets hope they don't do another one.
I didn't hate it, but I didn't particularly care for it. It just didnt seem to capture the Muppet magic as well as other movies.
It just didn't grab me or make me really laugh out loud. It was more cute than anything else.
I found Kermit's Swamp Years to be so boring that it was almost unwatchable. If I was watching it alone I don't think I would have been able to make it through the whole thing.
Personally I thought it was pretty good. Some people will disagree. But yes, as a muppet fan, you should at least watch it.
I'm not saying it was bad, it just didn't hold my interest. On the whole; it was cute.
I thought it was a pretty decent movie.
All in all it wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as the movies shown before it.
In spite of its lack of original songs (apart from the enjoyable "Life As A Pet") and being only half-Muppety, Swamp Years is really not that bad as everyone likes to say it is.
I love Kermit Swamp years! The characters are fun and funny. Kermit seemed very well written to me, and I love when he got a hand up from that Henson boy. As far as the story goes it was simple, but I think that gave the performers more freedom with the characters.
I actually just watched this movie a couple of days ago and I definitely think it's unfairly criticised. I think some fans fail to realize that it was never meant to be some big movie like the theatrical ones. I actually liked it for being simple.
Pig's laundry has pretty much parroted what I've been saying about this movie for years: it doesn't deserve all of the hate that it gets, and while yes I'll agree that it has sort of a Film School 101 vibe to it, that's actually part of it's charm.
Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 1
8 - 1
7 - 2
6 - 2
5 - 2
4 - 2
3 - 1
2 - 2
1 - 0

Overall:
39. From the Balcony

Groupings:
TV Series 1/8
Television Specials 3/22
Web Series 1/2

Old Thunder

Reaction score
36. The Great Santa Claus Switch
Average Score: 5.83/10
Television Specials 4/22

Our final entry in our slog through average territory, this early Muppet production had few hardcore fans, receiving no 10 votes at all. Important, certainly (I hear that Gonzo made his first appearance here), but not quite the classic, if the voters are to be believed.

Choice comments:
Underrated nostalgia.
Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 1
8 - 1
7 - 3
6 - 2
5 - 3
4 - 1
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 1

Overall:
36. The Great Santa Claus Switch
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
39. From the Balcony

Groupings:
TV Series 1/8
Television Specials 4/22
Web Series 1/2

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is one of the few Muppet productions I haven't seen.