Muppet Productions Ranked

dwayne1115

Reaction score
42. Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular
Average Score: 3.58/10
Television Specials 3/22

Just edging over Mr. Willowby, this special also had a lot of votes spread out, but it did get one 8 vote, which I think was the deciding factor that got it this far. Nonetheless, this three bottom items are so bad that #41 is actually a full 1.06 points higher. That's a gigantic figure when we're only basing this out of 10. Lordy.

Choice comments:

Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 1
7 - 0
6 - 1
5 - 1
4 - 4
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 3

Overall:
43. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
44. Studio DC: Almost Live

Groupings:
Television Specials 3/22
I'm surprised that this wasn't at the bottom of the list.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
41. The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
Average Score: 4.64/10
Television Films 1/2

This is the lowest of any of the more movie productions, and if this comes as a shock to you... I don't even know. We've taken a giant leap forward from the last three in average score, but we're still below average here - and that's exactly what people consider this to be. Or at least most people... someone actually gave this a 10.

Choice comments:
Positives:
It Ended

Negatives:
Everything else
I admit that I didn't even get through the movie all the way through last time.
I think it's an abomination.
Wizard of Oz is probably my least-watched of all the Muppet movies... that's not to say I didn't like it, but just not as much as some of their other stuff.
Well, I can't say it's my favorite, but I still like it.
Only thing MWO makes me wanna do is use it for target practice.
Basically everything in this movie that made it suck outweighed the positives.
Well, on the plus side, I liked most of the songs, Johnny and Sal were awesome, as always, and I actually thought the Tarantino cameo was pretty funny. Other than that, it blew. :stick_out_tongue:
Hey new positive...this movie was so horrible it finally got the muppets away from retelling stories
Votes:
10 - 1
9 - 0
8 - 0
7 - 2
6 - 3
5 - 0
4 - 3
3 - 2
2 - 2
1 - 1

Overall:

Groupings:
Television Films 1/2
Television Specials 3/22

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are any of these comments for real? Not only are a lot of these people not even on this forum anymore, but I'm certain I said more scathing things about the Lady Gaga special other than it was "just meh."

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Are any of these comments for real? Not only are a lot of these people not even on this forum anymore, but I'm certain I said more scathing things about the Lady Gaga special other than it was "just meh."
Click the links if you wanna see for yourself. I'm picking and choosing here and just trying to find ones that sound good within the rest of the list.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
40. Little Muppet Monsters
Average Score: 4.82/10
TV Series 1/8

The lowest ranking TV series on here, this short-lived show slides right under the average mark. Voting was fairly mixed, but there were enough votes below 5 to bring it down here, and no one gave it a 10, so I don't think anyone is too sad to see this go.

Choice comments:
I recall seeing the show and enjoyed it.
I liked Muppet Monsters more than Muppet Babies....waaaay more. I never got the announcement when I was a kid and always waited for it to come back. I wish they'd make another attempt these days.
I have to say I agree with Jim on this one. The animation was bringing it all down. It wasn't bad in itself, but the puppetry came off better. And then there wasn't even enough of the puppets, at least in this first episode. The monster siblings seemed really likeable!
Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 1
8 - 1
7 - 1
6 - 2
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 1
2 - 1
1 - 2

Overall:
40. Little Muppet Monsters

Groupings:
TV Series 1/8
Television Films 1/2
Television Specials 3/22

Old Thunder

Reaction score
What links? I too was wondering this.
You see how right next to "[insert name] said:" there's an arrow? That'll take you to the actual post I took the quotes out of.

As to the quotes themselves, I think it's cool seeing what other people think about certain items, which is why I've been including them.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
39. From the Balcony
Average Score: 5.31/10
Web Series 1/2

Our first web series entry falls, having just made it into the Top 40. There were no 10 or 9 votes, so no one thought it was excellent, but a string of votes for 8, 7, and 6 helped bring it up. However, four votes for 5 ended up securing its spot here, low on our list. We're in average territory now.

Choice comments:
I know there is some debate over the From the Balcony series, nevertheless, it has offered some great moments.
I realised today, while watching trailers on Apple.com, that I really miss Statler and Waldorf From the Balcony and their cooky comments on the new movies coming out!
If they brought it back, I'd definitely watch!
Awesome web-series.
Votes:
10 - 0
9 - 0
8 - 2
7 - 2
6 - 2
5 - 4
4 - 1
3 - 0
2 - 1
1 - 1