Muppet Plush

petrieboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know the what the 1992 WDW MGM plush Muppets go for now? I have Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie, but never got Bean, Kermit, or Animal.
Also, are the IGEL plushes still available? How much and from where? Why do some look so good- Statler and Waldorf for example- and the others dont look like they're even from the same line?

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by petrieboy
Does anyone know the what the 1992 WDW MGM plush Muppets go for now? I have Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie, but never got Bean, Kermit, or Animal.
Also, are the IGEL plushes still available? How much and from where? Why do some look so good- Statler and Waldorf for example- and the others dont look like they're even from the same line?
I got the Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal and Bean plushes just before Disney stopped selling them and replaced them with the bean bag plushes. Gonzo and Fozzie are really nice but the Animal is pretty sad. Seriously, the Namco Animal is much much nicer.

Last time I was at MGM they had the Bunsen and Beaker dolls and the Statler and Waldorf set. What makes the Igel Statler and Waldorf so nice is that their heads are made out of a soft plastic, unlike the stuffed heads of the Disney bean bags. I really wish I had bought them.

Jackie

Reaction score
It's actually nanco...here is the website

http://www.nancobos.com/

click on "games plush" right under "catolog request" and go to page 12. There are a whole bunch of muppet plushes there. I've won many of each type. :smile: I love them! The best plush replicas of the Muppets out there! Animal looks the best, then Rizzo, Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy and Fozzie and kinda ugly. LOL!

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
It's actually nanco...here is the website

http://www.nancobos.com/

click on "games plush" right under "catolog request" and go to page 12. There are a whole bunch of muppet plushes there. I've won many of each type. :smile: I love them! The best plush replicas of the Muppets out there! Animal looks the best, then Rizzo, Kermit, Gonzo, Piggy and Fozzie and kinda ugly. LOL!
I don't get it. Do they require proof of being a carny before you can order from them?
It seems to me that someone enterprising could just order direct some of these and save people a lot of time and money. (I'll leave the bottles stacked like they are, thanks!)

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by towels

I don't get it. Do they require proof of being a carny before you can order from them?
It seems to me that someone enterprising could just order direct some of these and save people a lot of time and money. (I'll leave the bottles stacked like they are, thanks!)
Actually, a Nathans near me used to have a whole bunch of Muppet dolls in their game room (two different sized Kermit and Piggys, Gonzo, Animal...). They had this game that had you aim a plastic drill into these little holes with prizes inside. There was one row of holes with different ticket amounts (100, 200, 750...) that you had to hit EXACTLY right to get the tickets. The game only cost 75 cents to play and my mom was so good at it she hit the 750 ticket prize almost every time. The best part was that the Muppet dolls were only about 700-800 tickets!!

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
This may be a longshot now, but in Orlando there is a factory outlet mall on International Drive (I can't recall the cross-street, but it's a few blocks north of Wet n' Wild). Disney operates two official outlet stores there with older merchandise from the parks (again, I stress *official* stores, unlike the seemingly thousands of junk shops along I-Drive). I was there in January of 2001 and they had a huge number of both Animal and Bean.

I doubt they will ship items out (if I know the movie studio-based outlet store industry), but it may be worth the trip if anyone ever heads down to WDW.

Jackie

Reaction score

I think they just allow you to buy in bulk...not sold to general public. :smile:

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

I think they just allow you to buy in bulk...not sold to general public. :smile:

Correct, they are wholesalers.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joseph
Darn, the thoughts of 64" muppet gifts were floating in my brain...

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joseph

Darn, the thoughts of 64" muppet gifts were floating in my brain...
Yeah, sorry LOL! Just gonna have to win them like everyone else!