Muppet Peter Pan

Amy

Reaction score
Release Update, peoples!

Okay, so someone mentioned in the other comic thread that they thought Pan would be released in Sep AFTER Robin Hood was complete.

As it turns out, this is absolutely correct.
Initially Pan was scheduled for release end of August, but because Robin Hood was delayed by a month, Boom! naturally want to wait until Robin Hood #4 is out and done before beginning Pan.
So mid-September is now Pan #1's release date, I totally apologise for any confusion :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's alright. I had a feeling that it would be off a month. Does that mean the Robin Hood collection is also being delayed, or will it be released the same time?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Release Update, peoples!

Okay, so someone mentioned in the other comic thread that they thought Pan would be released in Sep AFTER Robin Hood was complete.

As it turns out, this is absolutely correct.
Initially Pan was scheduled for release end of August, but because Robin Hood was delayed by a month, Boom! naturally want to wait until Robin Hood #4 is out and done before beginning Pan.
So mid-September is now Pan #1's release date, I totally apologise for any confusion :stick_out_tongue:
I never thought Peter Pan would be released until after Muppet Robin Hood. But then again, I also thought that Muppet Robin Hood was supposed to come after the first four issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You'd have to realize that there'd be 3 Muppet comics in a month. Now, while that doesn't sound bad, it would be a confusing pain in the neck to comic book shop owners. While these comics are successful enough (I rarely see back issues still on the shelves), they aren't exactly Superman, batman, or anything else like that that has a bigger name and push behind it to warrant high multiples of a similar titles a month.

Amy

Reaction score
You'd have to realize that there'd be 3 Muppet comics in a month.
Indeed. While it's very awesome that Boom! have licenses for all Pixar movies as well as the Muppets, you have to be careful not to flood your own market.
This is a good thing, having one Muppet adaptation at a time.

GRandolph

Reaction score
Hello! :smile: Yes, you did ask that question about The Great Muppet Movie Ride, and here was my answer:

No, I'd never heard of The Great Muppet Movie Ride! But I just googled it and you're right, the same casting except instead of Fozzie as Michael, I'm using Bean! And that, my friends, will make all the difference.

Hehe - just kidding! I'm honored that now, in a way, I'll get to tell the story we never got to see at Disney Hollywood Studios! Plus there's lots more casting fun with The Lost Boys, Captain Hook's crew, and more!

BTW, thanks for this bit of info as I love reading about Disney rides that never were!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Here is my Muppet Peter Pan #3 cover:
click here for image
Oh my GOSH. That is GORGEOUS, David! Pepe is stunning! The best I've ever seen him drawn. Fozzie is wonderful--everything right down to his eyelids are perfect. I love the usage of his polka dot tie. Animal is also amazing--so are Rowlf and Kermit. Just... AWESOME. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
To quote Rowdy Roddy Piper on an episode of Super Mario Brothers Super show:

"You guys is GREAT! You know dat?" :big_grin: