Muppet Musicians Of Bremen DVD

Dan Mason

Reaction score
Will it ever be on DVD???

Anyone have any pics of the bad guys??

Its been so long since I've seen, and its hard to find I've discovered. Just curious.

CheckChuck

Reaction score
ebay

there's a video copy or two on ebay for pretty cheap. i doubt it will be released to dvd....

good music, seminal appearances and background for the muppet show, but it's slow and sloppy compared to the muppet productions that do get released to dvd...

i may be trading a copy of this video soon...i'm looking for non- time life muppet shows, the muppet show pilots, and muppets tonights episodes...

CheckChuck

Reaction score
Brementown

I now have a VHS copy of The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen that I will gladly trade for 2 or more non-Time Life Muppet Show episodes. email me at andy_willard@hotmail.com if you're interested...

esteeb

Reaction score
Muppet Musicians of Bremen is my fave

I really think this should be on DVD. I had the video and the LP record. My LP was all scratched, but I found a pristine copy in a Seattle record store which I converted to CD for listening to in my car.

It may not have the highest production values, but I love the swamp/Louisiana setting and it is a great tribute to the music of N'awlins. Plus, the villains were great characters as were the animals who never really got another starring role.

Put this out on DVD... with the Frog Prince!

:sympathy:

ploobis

Reaction score
I always said that this special should be released along with Hey Cinderella and Frog Prince in a "Tales from Muppetland" DVD box set.

I hope that happens in the future! :smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I always said that this special should be released along with Hey Cinderella and Frog Prince in a "Tales from Muppetland" DVD box set.

That would be awesome! I still haven't seen the Bremen one. Hey Cinderella I saw once YEARS ago and Frog Prince was one of mine and my sister's favorites when we were younger though I don't have a copy of it.

Davina

Reaction score
biggest problem with all of them... Kermit...
they'll have to get Disney to go along with them..
which i don't see happening too easily.. and while might be able to get away with with cutting him out of Bremin.. would have a really hard time with Frog Prince and Hey Cinderella..

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
biggest problem with all of them... Kermit...they'll have to get Disney to go along with them...
which i don't see happening too easily...
Actually these three specials (Hey Cinderella, Frog Prince, and The Muppet Musicians of Bremen) are owned by Disney and are completely under the control of The Muppets Studio, LLC (which also controls Kermit). Unlike "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas" and "The Christmas Toy" (which Henson held onto), there is no need to clear Kermit in order to release these in tact (as these are part of the Muppets' catalog). When The Jim Henson Company transferred the rights and ownership of The Muppet characters to The Walt Disney Company the deal included these three specials. (See Henson.com's listing for The Muppet Musicians of Bremen) So the ball is in Disney's court (not Henson's) in terms of giving these a DVD release.

Davina

Reaction score
ah well then.. there could be a possibility.. i was thinking they were under Henson's control

Kiki

Reaction score
I really think this should be on DVD. I had the video and the LP record. My LP was all scratched, but I found a pristine copy in a Seattle record store which I converted to CD for listening to in my car.
Lucky, that's a rully good find! :smile:

Ohemgee so do I! I love 'em, the Muppet Musicians of Bremen is my all-time fave, though. Luckily I have that, The Frog Prince and Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on video (I only saw Hey Cinderella! once in a video store... but the guy was stubborn -_-)