Muppet Music Videos

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just before i start i wanna say; Im talkign about real Music Videos, The kind that come on MTV.
Not Musical Numbers taken from the shows.

So far we know about these -

• Love Power - Muppet Treasure Island
  • I Will Always Love You - Muppets Take Manhattan
  • Kokomo - Muppet Beach Party
  • Wipe Out - Muppet Beach Party
  • Halfway Down The Stairs - The Muppet Show

Now did anyone know that they also filmed videos for the Kermit Unpigged album ?

I got a video today and it had clips of the 'She Drives Me Crazy - Starring Phil Collins' and 'On Broadway' videos.

It also had clips of the Muppets with Lily Tomlin, Ozzy Osbourne, Little Richard, Leslie Neilsen and George Benson.

And clips of those people sitting in a Directors Chair with the Muppets areound them talking, Like they were in an Interview.

Does anyone else know any more about these ?

thanks

Luke

Reaction score
Oooooooh i'd like to hear more about the Ozzy Osbourne one ? I've never heard they did all these though. It's a bit wierd to imagine Ozzy with puppets unless he's biting the heads off them !

scarecroe

Reaction score
They did a music video for "Halfway Down The Stairs"? MTV didn't even exist then, what did they show it on? Odd that they'd pick that song to do a video for. Is this available anywhere, on a video compilation perhaps?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Luke,

Hey,
ill explaing what i saw.

Everyone has seen Kokomo and Wipe out, Well they should have anyway, So im not going into detail.

She Drives Me Crazy -
It had Kremit in a suit and Miss Piggy in black with a short haircut dancing beside eachother singing the song.
Then it would cut to clips of Phil Collins holding up the cue cards and throwing them everywhere.

On Broadway -
George Benson and Clifford in a recoding studio singing into the microphones.

Ozzy Osbourne -
Him singing into a microphone.
(hen an interview with him)

(They werent the full videos, It kept switching from video to video with a man talking over them)

Then we saw clips of the stars i mentioned earlier in the thread, It was like an interview thing.

The Muppets that i saw were Miss Piggy, Kermit, Gonzo, Clifford, Floyd and Rizzo.

They also showed a clip of The Muppets with Leslie Nielsen and Little Richard so i think they had cameos in the videos like Phil Collins did.

I wanna see more of these videos!

radionate

Reaction score
Warrick,

I have seen videos for "She Drives Me Crazy" and "All Together Now". Those are the only two that I specifically remember. I don't remember where I saw them, but I know they exist!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Scott,

'Halfway Down The Stairs' got to number 7 in the UK Charts.
With Manha Manha as the B-side.

It had another version taped as the music video, It is similar to the version on The Muppet Show with the same stairs and background, But with different Camera shots.

See ya

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i agree, we need to see more of these, or even better - get em online.

Muppet Central Television - that'd be pretty cool !

Luke
-TRL with Zack The Dog and his Rowlf hat-

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Nate,

'She Drives Me Crazy' looks great, But i dont think it was Frank performing Piggy, maybe Kevin Clash.

I'd love to see the video for 'All together Now' !!

See ya

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I found this Article from Tutti Magazine -

Kermit Upigged Article
From Tutti Magazine

Have you heard the new Kermit Unpigged album yet? It's totally hysterical and wacky! Just what you'd expect from those kooky Muppets! Well, recently Tutti snuck onto the set of the latest video from her funky puppet pals-and here's the scoop! (Remember: You're never too old to appreciate the fine talents of the Muppets!)
The clip for the first single off of the hot new release is a remake of the Fine Young Canibals classic, "She Drives Me Crazy," and the concept is as follows: Music execs tell Miss Piggy that her new video just doesn't have enough stars in it. Yikes! That's quite an earful to a pig with an ego the size of Texas! In any case, the Muppets manage to round up some of the hottest stars in Hollywood and New York to appear in the video, and everybody's happy!
While stars like Brian Austin Green and Vanna White showed up to tape cameos on the West Coast, Muppet Central's East Coast HQ was a-rockin' and a-rollin' with tons of celebs, too! In the three hours we were there, lotsa major stars popped in! Each and every one of them had the chance to sing (or lip synch) a verse of the song-and dance 'n' get kooky for the cameras! AND, each celeb was interviewed by Clifford, the hottest new Muppet in Muppetland! He's a totally hip Rasta dude-and he's a great shade of purple!
Who was one of the first to march in and film her part? Well...Ricki Lake, for one! And the cute 'n' bubbly talk show host was all too thrilled to hang with her fave Muppets! "I always loooved Elmo," gushed the pretty brunette. And by the way, Ricki's got some voice: She belted out the chorus pretty well, if ya ask us!
Heavy D was next, and the tons-o-fun hip-hopper was just about as wild 'n' crazy as one can get! So was comedian Denis Leary, who spent much of his time making pig faces for the camera! What a jokester!
We hate to play favortites, but we have to admit that the all-time funniest dude of the day had to have been nutty-guy comedian Gilbert Gotfried. Gilbert was amazing as he screamed out the entire song while making his famous "Gilbert face"! He had the entire crew rolling on the floor! Even Clifford had a hard time keeping a straight face during his interview!

Im looking for more !

radionate

Reaction score
All I remember is Harry Smith in the "All Together Now" video blowing his horn. And Phil Collins with the cue cards. Wish I could remember more Warrick, but I can't. I know there were cameos in one video (kinda like put down the ducky - another music video you forgot in the list), but I don't remember which video it was!!!