"Muppet, Music & Magic" Events

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I don't know... Was it Greg himself who said it, or did he get it from the website? Besides, the price is already set; I don't think anyone would take too kindly to them changing it now!
:smile:

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
So I PROMISED my little sister Rose (age 8) that I would bring her to this event and after that I promised Cody (also 8), the kid I babysit for, that I would bring him as well. I've ordered tickets for both of them, along with mine, and I KNOW it's going to be a great weekend, but now I'm kinda anxious that I'm going to have to look after two 8 year olds that weekend, haha. I mean, I can't go to any of the later shows (Dark Crystal, Labyrinth) and we're missing the Saturday MFS and Elmo because they want to make sockpuppets. I mean, I've seen those movies 42958475 times, but I really want to see Dave and Kevin speak! I'm sure they'll both be at the panel, but I'm getting nervous that no other guest speakers have been added to their movies save a few.

But anyway, if there IS a MC get together, I could definitely meet up for lunch or dinner on one of the days, provided people don't mind the presence of two (usually) sweet 8 year olds! Rose can hold her own in any conversation about Fraggle Rock or The Muppet Show and Cody is surprisingly well-knowledged about the movies. Hehe, all thanks to me, of course! :smile:

So yeah, we're going to: Sockpuppets, TMM, PANEL, GMC, Fairy Tales, MTI, Muppet History 101, and MTM.

Now that I've finished Deathly Hallows ALL MY ATTENTION is taken up looking forward to THIS--haha, well this and TMS S2 release on Aug 7th! I can't wait!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
On the front page of the Muppet Newsflash, it says this is a huge event...does this mean its huge for such things to be happening(I agree!) or that the event will be huge...because I heard it's only 200 seats. Why is it only 200 seats? I have no idea.
It's only 200 seats because that's how big the theater is.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I believe it was Muppetcast or Muppet News Flash that says there will be big news regarding this Huntington event on Wednesday, but this may just be a rumor.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, we won't have long to wait to find out!
:wink:

By the way, can someone please give me the address, so that I can Mapquest it?
:smile: Thanks.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
This may be lame as can be, but can we have, like, at least one person at each screening be willing to take notes so that the rest of us who are either at another screening or not able to make it to Huntington at all can know what the guest speaker talks about? I'm more than happy to take notes on the shows that I'm going to (I've listed them below) but I know personally that I would LOVE IT if someone told me what Dave talks about at the Dark Crystal and MFS screenings and what Kevin and Fran Brill say at the Elmo screening. :smile:

Any takers?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I just got the LOW DOWN

Okay guys, I know I was the last poster on this thread, but this weekend is my new obsession (now that Darkly Hallows has been read and digested). I just got off the phone with the director of the whole event, Alan Hoffman (and I hope he isn't angry that I'm posting this!) and now I know more than I ever knew before.

First of all, Dave Goelz. When I called, he had JUST GOTTEN OFF THE PHONE WITH HIM. I squeeed like a 21 year old ought never to do. So Dave's up for WHATEVER, he said. He's already guest speaking at Dark Crystal and MFS and has agreed to do TMM and GMC as well. He'll be there all weekend! Apparently (and I can believe it) he's been SO NICE and SO WILLING to do anything he's asked to--and he had to apply for special permission but it looks like a certain blue whatever will accompany him. :excited:

Second, Kevin Clash IS doing a movie with Jamie Foxx right now, and Alan had to apply directly to Jamie Foxx's people to get the time off for Kevin to come. I believe he'll be there Friday and then all day Saturday, because he's potentially speaking at the Labyrinth screening.

ALL the guests will be there for the panel, led by Jane Henson (also talking before TMM), who wants her name out of the press, but is okay with the information being passed along through Alan, or at least that's what he said.

Marty Robinson and Joey Mazzarino are in talks!

People who definitely can't be there... I don't know where the Carroll Spinney rumor came from, because Alan said that he was crossed off the list in the very beginning. He's been planning this even for 7 months and spoke to him in the very beginning, and Carroll said no. He spoke to him AGAIN after he got a bunch of people lined up but, unfortunately, he still said no.

He spoke to Frank Oz. DIRECTLY. HOW COOL IS THAT? And Frank was apparenly very gracious, but he said that he's on vacation after promoting his movie and his wife would kill him for agreeing to do it. :frown:

Steve Whitmire's out of the country, as is Eric Jacobson, with whom AGAIN Alan spoke directly, although he would have loved to be able to participate.

Jerry Nelson's name was crossed off early in the process, but he never spoke with him directly, so he might see if he could attend.

I spoke with Alan about the $100 gala and he said it's definitely going to be awesome, but it's not going to be a fan's only chance to speak with the performers. He says they'll be roaming the hallways, available to talk and sign autographs! We'll basically be hanging out with them for the entire weekend which is OH SO COOL.

One final thing worth noting is that the advance buzz for this event is kinda huge, and they're expecting a huge turnout. HOWEVER, it's going to get even BIGGER. Newsweek (I think he said...) and other periodicals are running COVER STORIES about the event. It's going to get HUGE PRESS and LOTS of interested fans. So GET THOSE TICKETS WHILE THEY LAST, FOLKS!

I'm pretty sure that's all we spoke about... But if I remember anything I'll let you know. And he was SO NICE, guys. I just called the box office and they transferred me right to him--he took a lot of time to answer all my questions and just chat with me. He seems SO EXCITED as well and he said they want to make it just a big party for two days straight.

Honestly. Could this GET any better?

:smile:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Sarah,
I also spoke with Alan yesterday and he more or less told me the same info you received regarding the panel discussion, guests, etc. This is going to be a super cool event. I'm only going to two screenings on Saturday (Commercials & Experiments and then later on at night, Labyrinth) and then providing I can get tix for the panel will be at that as well.

This sounds like it's going to be a wonderful event. I've met Kevin, Dave, and Jane in the past and it sounds like it's going to be wonderful.

I was told also that the limit for free tix PER PERSON to the panel discussion is FOUR. And those will be distributed as it says on the website, August 3rd.......see you all then!

BTW, I was told some of this information couldn't be made public yet so it's out of my hands since you did first LOL

ChellisPal

Reaction score
I'm sorry if i posted this before....
I will be at the Benefit, who else will be there too?
just curious so maybe we can get a group together
Mike

BTW i was at the theatre last week and talked to Alan (really nice guy as stated) I gave him a list of people to contact, happy to see that Joey and Marty may be a reality.
Hope to hear from someof you guys soon!