Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Barry Lee

Reaction score
That would be awesome, BUT, we have to try to make it work with the mokumentary format itself. -sadly cause I love muppets singing-

The great thing I like about this is they can literally go insane with the script itself, and they are able to put some funny great humor for virtually everybody, old and young, ala 'The Muppet Show.'

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
I wonder if Robin went back to the swamp? And if Jerry will still be involved, to bring Robin back from the swamp.

Go Muppets! :inserte Bean smilie here: :Robin smilie: :Beau smilie:
I wonder if Robin would be a teenage now? That would be a very interesting character change, either he went back to the swamp, or roomed with Sweetums.

Oh! Oh! Sweetums could go back to being Jack as the new Mad Man Mooney's Car Shop owner.

((Im getting ideas))

Beauregard

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
PRAWN WANTS ROBIN!!!
Agreed. Robin is a definate must. And what better to show on a documentary then an uncle and nephew reunited in a swamp?

Bea:zany:{Go Moppets!...Moppets???}regard

EDIT: Ziffled...Robin teenager. That would be interesting. I'm not sure if I warm to that idea, or shy away from it. Guess we don't have to address it until the show does. It would explain the voice change, though, if he has a new voice (non Jerry).

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Yeah, im not saying its bad, nor a good idea, but it would be a good excuse for a new performer.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Robin as teenager = Gobo Fraggle! hehe

The Muppets better sing. That was my biggest problem with MFS and WoO (I wish VMMCM had more songs, but I love 'Everyone Matters'). That's where they find a lot of heart--and also a lot of humor.

Since Rowlf is back, maybe once all the Muppets get together they can gather around the piano to sing? So it's more 'hey, let's sing' instead of a big doesn't-fit-with-the-style musical number?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:

The Muppets better sing. That was my biggest problem with MFS and WoO (I wish VMMCM had more songs, but I love 'Everyone Matters'). That's where they find a lot of heart--and also a lot of humor.

Since Rowlf is back, maybe once all the Muppets get together they can gather around the piano to sing? So it's more 'hey, let's sing' instead of a big doesn't-fit-with-the-style musical number?
Yeah, thats a good idea, I can deffinantley see that. Yeah, the lack of original songs is just blah too me.

Speaking of Rowlf, I just think he should be a bartender at a little down on the corner type bar, ala "Cheers" ((I can see some guest cameos there))

Beauregard

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:

Agreed. On all those points.

Robin with a Gobo Fraggle character mixed with his character...awesome.

I can see the Muppets singing around the piano, filmed with a steady cam. But I can also imagine that the series could end with a big rousing opening number for the new show they are putting together (if they get that far in the mockumentary). Similar to "Another Opening" but with more muppets, more glitz, less curtains.

I'm still wondering about Ian the fictional 'filmmaker'...anyone care to speculate?

Bea:zany:{Go Muppets! :sing: :cool: }regard

EDIT: Rowlf bartender. YES! Or it's seeable that he could be on a solo tv career, since he WAS the first Muppet to be on TV (as we know him today). He could have a talk-show where people bring their problems for him to solve. Something like that.

Go Muppets!

Leyla

Reaction score
Oh, wow! Oh... that's SO exciting! What a positive development... I'm especially excited about the idea of it being a mini-series leading up to the show... that's not a half-hearted effort... that's planning, and, in my opinion... admittedly, my optimistic, uninformed opinion, it's planning for a big comeback.

Think about it... most new shows just... appear... there's not often build up to a new show, unless people in charge feel, and WANT it to be big. A mini series ahead of a new muppet show (Oh, I could just faint at the thought) is not merely a way of gaging an audience...it's basically a huge advertisement for the show.. it reintroduces the characters, it gets people interested and excited, it reminds audiences that the muppets actually still exist. Oh, my head is spining with possibilities.

A mini-series to lead into a show... wow... and the idea is really very solid. Mockumentaries are rife with opportunities for REALLY funny comedy...yes... I feel really good about this. I have a lot of non-muppet fan friends, and I think a funny mockumentary would be just the sort of thing to pique their interest... yeah, they'd like that, and they aren't fans.

Wow... this could really do it... oh, I'm thrilled.

GO MUPPETS! :smile: :mad: :embarrassed:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Wow, this would seriously be awesome if the Muppets had a new show like everyone's said. But for some reason I just don't feel that today's audience would like this or watch this at all, ( except for us hardcore Muppet fans) they'd probably just turn it off and say "oh, Muppets are for babies". :rolleyes:

Go Muppet Hamsters! *muppet hamsters*