1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Beauregard, Jan 12, 2007.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I know you would have probably reported it if you knew, but do you know if bits of the mocumentary will make it to Disney XD? The webcam thing really seems like a written bit from the reported ten minute piece. :) :o
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

It may have been the original concept of something for Disney Channel that lead to Disney XD but from what i got it did all gel just from one idea of doing "mini movies". Perhaps anything with Disney Channel was going to promote them coming to XD alongside the Disney stars? As i said, nothing was ever shot, which might be because there was a delay in them coming to XD. The two things sound very similar - whenever i heard anything about mini movies, it was always because Disney wanted to push broadband internet content which is a priority for them.

As Frogboy mentioned, it is like they are using (or re-interpreting) writing or ideas from earlier ones we knew about. I think a lot of what existed, or was intended - we have now, or will now see used in some way on XD.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

And now the writers strike is officially over according to MSNBC, so yay. I can imagine there is actually several "top secret/very cool" projects in the works to be announced(hopefully by summer time)

Going into 2009/2010, I think it's quite the possibility that we will finally see the glorious return of the Muppets and all related properties as many of us hoped for a decade previously
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I knew the strike would end before the Oscars. When Vanity Fair cancelled their annual party studios knew it was past the 11th hour! Good for everyone! Well...except when the absorbtion of DVD residuals hit us the consumer! Or did you think Paramount, Fox, Sony, Disney, Universal and Warner Brothers were going to take a paycut? ;)

Let's hope there are no more delays! :)
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well i heard that the Writers would be going back to work on Monday but for shows and such to back up to speed it would take up till Apiral.
  6. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

Most of the reports that i'm reading/hearing say the earliest day that the writers would be back would be Wednesday.
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

All in all its good news for us Muppet fans, as chances are the writers strike was a factor with Disney's Muppet plans.

Btw, is there finally a new official Muppets logo that isn't completely lame?
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Heh, I'm still waiting for someone to put up episodes of Little Muppet Monsters. Even if it's just the ones that were televised. So I completely doubt that.

Anyway, the Writers are supposed to vote Wednseday, so they may get back to work the earliest Thursday. It seems that both sides have worked out a positive agreement, but I'd better just wait and see if they vote on it first before I take it as a given. Who knows what could happen between now and then.

I would say if the "Movie interstitials" were made, or are being made, and they can't find the market for them, I'm reaslly pushing for them to at least put them up on Disney XD. At least that seems like a launching point for the next project. And I hope that project actually sees it through this time.
  9. TellyM

TellyM New Member

10. dwayne1115

Well that interesting! I'm just trying to figuer out who you are lol I know Telly and i know who does Telly, but I'm still confused.
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

It's great seeing a Hollywood insider give his take on the Muppets...just to me an odd choice to use Telly as a moniker, heh(Telly is my alltime favorite Sesame character, whose extreme naivity and Wembleyness is his charm)

Btw, has Jim Hill had any Muppet rumblings to report at all? He's been dead silent on the Muppets for some time now
  12. RealMissPiggy

RealMissPiggy New Member

Rain on the Parade

I dont want to be the pessimist here but in all honesty i have been set on hopes of a Muppet Revival for a while now with no such luck....

Maybe it will happen, Chances in my mind are- SLIM :sympathy:
  13. dwayne1115

www.muppets.com is all I'm going to say
  14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

What happened to Muppets.com :confused: :eek:
  15. Marky

Marky Member

Why... the same thing that's happened to The Muppets.
    Thanks Disney!

Yeah....
  16. dwayne1115

I really hate how you bash Disney and the Muppets! they are doing what they can LOOK OPEN your stuipd eyes! Take a good long hard look at the new Muppets.com you can tell there at least makeing a start. "Well there's no bears pigs or chickens" They feel they have to Re- intoruduce the Muppets. Right or wrong thats what they are doing and they seem to be doing it well. Stop it just freaking stop it

DISNEY IS AT LEAST TRYING CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT!

OR ARE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO WINES ABOUT THE MUPPETS 3 YEARS OLD.
  17. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

ummm I don't think that's really the right thing to be doing dwayne, even if what they did was uncalled for.
    There are other ways to make people see things without name claling and yelling.:wisdom: :)
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

For the record, the links at the beginning of this thread are a safer bet.

That said,:
    Can't believe I'm actually defending Disney now, but they're planning something, and the website is pretty much a sign they want to do something. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Muppet OZ was a huge step in the wrong direction. That movie set the Muppets back a few years, no doubt. And they've been very, very careful up to this point. Now we're seeing the beginnings of a real resurgence. Now that the writers have been back for almost a month, they'll be working harder than ever to try a new project out. And maybe they'll see it through this time.
  19. Marky

Marky Member

Wow! That new Muppet site looks great!

Too bad that being Canadian (aka not American) excludes me from seeing ANY of its content.

:attitude:
  20. Kermie fan

Kermie fan New Member

Hey! Does any one know if the Muppets will be teaching technology? Afterall, they're definitely in the right spot to do just that?