Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

zeekeroo

Reaction score
With this the muppets will either become a hit again:smile:they might not give any effect on the public, or might completly ruin the muppets and disney will throw them in a closet and never use them again:boo:
I really am wondering what'll happen! is an air date decided yet if so please tell. disney's muppet wizard of oz was good but pretty:sleep: let's all hope this is better

Beauregard

Reaction score
No...there's no air date. We're not even sure yet if there will be an airdate. It's just floating around at the moment.

mrsieve

Reaction score
I doubt that Disney would just not use them. Disney would benefit by selling it. And if thats done, hopefully back to the Jim Henson Company.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry I got here late... But regarding the post by Tim about this news surfacing on Jim Hill Media, and that "fan" if he/she/it can be called one's opinion... That's why I don't read nor place any trust whatsoever in JHM articles. It just doesn't amount to a hill of beans any more.

Besides, we have much more reliable news sites to visit and get our information from, GelflingWaldo's Muppet News Flash namely.
So why anyone would continue to go visit and report on JHM is beyond me at this point in time.

Luke

Reaction score
Disney even benefit by not actively using them, because they can make a lot of cash regardless from all the worldwide revenues generated by the Muppet movies, TV shows, Bear, all the merchandising and licensing agreements, plus not having to pay to use them in the theme parks, plus its another major name brand in their stable that they own and someone else could be using in competition with them. They don't NEED to use the Muppets to make money, but anything they do use them for can only help INCREASE that revenue. I think thats what we're dealing with now, it's hard to imagine a scenario where they would be sold on again.

As for the swearing in Muppets TV, we were told on the forum it was in the first episode, during the Piggy/Animal scene. Yes, you would have thought Disney wouldn't allow the Muppets to swear in any culture because of the overall image but then its the Muppet Studios Company that actually runs the brand and it's probably very easy for this to have slipped under the net over in France, although it was said that scripts were being cleared by them prior to taping so i don't know, maybe the original information is incorrect.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
The Count said:
Sorry I got here late... But regarding the post by Tim about this news surfacing on Jim Hill Media, and that "fan" if he/she/it can be called one's opinion... That's why I don't read nor place any trust whatsoever in JHM articles. It just doesn't amount to a hill of beans any more.

Besides, we have much more reliable news sites to visit and get our information from, GelflingWaldo's Muppet News Flash namely.
So why anyone would continue to go visit and report on JHM is beyond me at this point in time.
I agree. For a fan, he sure has nothing but bad things to say about them.

Tim

Reaction score
That comment was by somone writing in to JHM, NOT Kim Hill himself. I posted it just for the fun of seeing some "outsider's" opinion.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
mrsieve said:
I've watched several of the french shows online, and unless the stream or audio was very poor when it was said, it was not said. The "f" word in question rhymes with duck. I don't see how Disney would allow the Muppets to swear reguardless of language or if its culturally acceptable. The Muppets are the Muppets, even if the show was at a later time period, you know that some parents/guardians would allow their children to watch, or even tape the shows to watch at a different time. As well, if in fact the Muppets were swearing, don't you think that other media outlets would have picked up on this? Disney has an image to protect, reguardless of which property is being used.

I've also noticed that a lot more media outlets (online, tv, radio, etc), have picked up the fact that this pilot is (hopefully) out and about with the suits at Disney. Hopefully this buzz will have a postive impact. *crossing fingers*

where have you seen them online

Luke

Reaction score
About that French Muppets TV, you'd think that maybe Disney/Muppet Studios would get someone over there to sort it out. Whether or not they've had swearing, the puppetry is terrible - heads and arms in shot all the time. It's not just the camerawork (even though it seems like the cameramen haven't worked with puppets before and are framing the shots badly) but it does seem like the actual puppeteers don't no how to keep themselves out of shot or aren't even trying to really do that. I've seen instances where they are just holding the puppet up way too high. Also from the translations i've seen (and on hearing the voices) it seems they've not made a massive effort to keep to each characters personality or find a puppeteer who can actually sound like the original character but in French. It's like the classic Muppets alien twins from another dimension. I like the idea and look of the show, i just think for all the effort they've gone to in order to do this they should have made sure they nailed it. Gonzo should sound and act like Gonzo no matter what language he's speaking. I thought they had sent Alan Trautmen or one of the Henson peeps to train them but i guess they didn't get long enough. Actually i am going to France soon, shame they don't have an audience so i could heckle them from the balcony! lol