Muppet Mobile Labs Launched This Week!

MWoO

Reaction score
rurulesunc said:
What I want to know is how long he will be doing the voice live. If I can find the time to stop by next weekend will he still be there or was he just there for this past weekend?
You missed it. I think he was just there for the test which is over now. I wonder what the park performer will sound like.

I will say that it is hilarious that people said the voice was off. I thought it was off a little too when I thought it was someone else. Now that we know it was Dave I feel really stupid. :stick_out_tongue:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I want one of my own now. *demon voice* Give it to me now! *flames are seen in my eyes and smoke coming out of my ears*

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
MWoO said:
You missed it. I think he was just there for the test which is over now. I wonder what the park performer will sound like.

I will say that it is hilarious that people said the voice was off. I thought it was off a little too when I thought it was someone else. Now that we know it was Dave I feel really stupid. :stick_out_tongue:
It may be daves character but the voice is a bit off..more than likely because he's getting older..*shruggs*

Noonchester

Reaction score
Hello again everyone. I'm sorry to say that the test is indeed over. I went to do my show at DCA and there was no sign of Dave, Bunsen or the platoon of imagineers and staff there for the test.

In reference to comments that "the voice was off," Dave's Bunsen is definitely a deeper sounding voice than what I remember and from what reference material I had studied to get the part. Dave filmed a pitch segment as Bunsen with Steve performing Beaker about a year ago and when I was hired to play Bunsen, I was given a copy along with some segments from the Muppet show as character reference. Dave sounds different now than he did then, but there is still an air of recognition when you hear him speak. For the record, there's no way I could ever be upset over not having done the test run. I mean, dispite the Disney corporate mentality that actors are all easily replaced... Bunsen is Dave's character. With Jerry Juhl and others either no longer living, or no longer writing Muppet material, Dave knows that character better than anyone. If anyone has the authority to ad lib without betraying the character... its Dave. He really did a great job with it and I am glad to have met him.

I received a private message that I cannot respond to since I am a forum noob... Just google my user name and I'm sure you'll find out all you want to know about me, what I do and why I care about puppets so much.

Happy to be a part of the community. Thanks for all the words of welcome.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Woah! You've worked with John Tartaglia and Rick Lyon???::excited: That is Major!!!

MWoO

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
It may be daves character but the voice is a bit off..more than likely because he's getting older..*shruggs*

I dunno. Seemed right to me though I did notice a few points where the voice changes, but that's nothing new. It seems that whenever the performers ad lib for al ong period of time they can't hold the voice as well, probably because they are thinking. I still remember the time Steve was performing Rizzo during the MFS movie commentary and he slipped into Kermit for a single word accidently and then repeated himself as Rizzo.

wendygirl

Reaction score
Noonchester said:
I received a private message that I cannot respond to since I am a forum noob... Just google my user name and I'm sure you'll find out all you want to know about me, what I do and why I care about puppets so much.

Happy to be a part of the community. Thanks for all the words of welcome.
I knew you would not be able to PM me back because I had the same problem as a newbie too. I have finally gotten past 10 posts ... whew.

I just Googled you and through that made my way to your "brief" history. You are one talented young man. I am happy that you also joined this forum so this newbie and the other long time members could meet you. I plan to go to Disneyland/DCA this Friday as the school I work for hhas an In Service day but as an Aide I do not have to be there. So, it's off to the parks I go :excited: I will try to look you up if you'll be there. OK?

By the way, I did see a small performance of Avenue Q on Live With Regis and Kelly.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
Come to think of it, :boo: and :sleep: should be in various show balconys with improvised conversations with the actors, OR THE COULD HAVE A MUPPET SOW WITH THEM IN THE BALCONY! Whadaya think?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi MsHarlyQuin! Welcome to our little forum here! It's always nick to meet another geek (Super geek in this case:wink:) just like ourselves!:smile: