Muppet Mastercard Adverts Debut In UK

Luke

Reaction score
The Muppet Mastercard 'Priceless' Adverts have now debuted in the UK (yesterday i think). They're being shown in full on both terrestrial and satellite channels in a pretty major campaign and appearing on channels many times a day - mainly afternoons and evenings.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Luke. They were shown everywhere here as well through the holidays. It's great our friends in the UK will get to see these spots as well.

MahnaMahna

Reaction score
How many of these are there? I have only seen 2.

Mark

scarygeorge

Reaction score
I saw the ad here in the UK too the other day, it was sooo exciting. I'd read about it on Muppet Central, but I didn't know we'd get to see it over here. Woohoo!!

King Prawn

Reaction score
Actually i had seen the commercial about last week i think, on the comedy channel, and on Sky Sports the other day.

Since i'm here i might aswell mention (which i forgot too) that last Friday, it must have been 2 in the morning cause i usually come home at 1:30 from the disco's anyway my girlfriend calls me to let me know that they were showing a short documentary on miss Piggy, She had come out seventh in the top ten *******. Anyway there was nothing new, Piggy did talk abit, so did brian henson and they showed some clips from TMS.

Anyway i couldn't quite concentrate on what was going on, as i was a little drunk and couldn't stop thinking what my girlfriend was searching for at 2 in the morning that she came across this Miss Piggy Documentary.

Luke

Reaction score
The commercial currently on is the one where they drive off in a taxi at the end and walk around in suits and shades.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
The commercial currently on is the one where they drive off in a taxi at the end and walk around in suits and shades.
It's brilliant stuff...so glad ya guys in the UK get to see it now. This truly was IMHO the best Muppet thing I saw in 2002.
Now if only a new movie and show oculd be as hip!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the concept, look and writing was very well done ...... and y'know the ironic thing about it is that the storyboard of these ads was probably put together by advertising execs and not so much by Henson. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah the concept, look and writing was very well done ...... and y'know the ironic thing about it is that the storyboard of these ads was probably put together by advertising execs and not so much by Henson. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:
Well whoever came up with the idea is brillaint! Please someone get this on a ftp server or somewhere...the msnbc.com download is really bad.

Yeah, VMC was a nice little nugget to fans, but the Mastercard commercial was the best Muppet thing I saw all year.

they really need to implement this 'Muppets in real life outside locations' in any new production they do.

Sad the last time we saw that was Follow That Bird(and I guess, the swamp scenes in KSY)

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i agree that outdoor stuff seems to really work for them when the concept is good, if they were to do outside stuff with real people then you'd have to work out whether it would be scripted or ad-libbed. I'm sure the puppeteers could keep either up and do well - the ad-libbing they did over the video screen at MFest sounded great from what memories i've heard. You couldn't fill a whole show with outside stuff, and it wouldnt work in a puppet sitcom, so i guess they'd need to be talking either small skits or a puppet talk show where they do outside bits.

I agree that whoever came up with the ads is brillant and it's ironic that this is probably some ad-executive group who spent a few hours remembering the Muppet Show and came up with the concepts. The people at Henson spend their lives on it and they have yet to come up with something as good as this.