Muppet Magazine information

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I've heard of Muppet Magazine here and there, yet I still need to get my hands on a issue to know more about it. Are they rare to find? I know there was a combination book called Muppets, Muppets, Muppets. So what kind of stuff is in it, what's the format. Is it like information on new Muppet projects or is it like a parody magazine, something like that?

crazy chris

Reaction score
i subscribed to Muppet magazine when i was a kid... it had celebrity interviews and alot of cool ads for upcoming muppet merchandise (back then)... if you care about mr t and ricky schroeder and lots of posed pics with muppet photo puppets... then you will dig it... the greatest part was ads for upcoming toys like GO BOTS! hahaha...

they are worth about 10 bucks a piece on ebay... i recommend reading atleast one in your lifetime!

cc

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Very nice. In terms of Muppet photos, I always love stuff from these years. :smile: That looks like it was a promo picture for The Great Muppet Caper a little bit. I'm guessing it's from 1982 or 1983 possibly. Wild guess. Though Muppet Magazine didn't last long right? Only a few years?

This kind of reminds me of The Muppet Show Fan Club. Was it sort of similar except being in a magazine format and not so much a paid subscription club?

I'd love to own a couple of issues :smile:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Very nice. In terms of Muppet photos, I always love stuff from these years. :smile: That looks like it was a promo picture for The Great Muppet Caper a little bit. I'm guessing it's from 1982 or 1983 possibly. Wild guess. Though Muppet Magazine didn't last long right? Only a few years?

This kind of reminds me of The Muppet Show Fan Club. Was it sort of similar except being in a magazine format and not so much a paid subscription club?

I'd love to own a couple of issues :smile:
Muppet Magazine was a quarterly publication that lasted a while. About 26 issues worth. It was first an off-shoot of The Muppet Show fan club/Muppet newsletter after the program went off the air.
You'll find a lot of them around Ebay.​

jrxing

Reaction score
I am very thankful that I still have several issues that have survived.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
The best thing about Muppet Mag was the photography. Lots of pics you'll only see in MM.
Wow! That looks really awesome! Are you able to find anymore exclusive pictures from the magazine?

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
My Grandmother subscribed Muppet Magazine for me as a kid and I still have them after all these years. I love them! Each issue had a cover story interview with a celebrity of the time as well as Muppet reviews on music, movies, TV, & books. The best part about the magazine were the photos and pull out parody posters of musicians and movies. Being a child of the 80's, I love them for the nostalgia thats crammed in each issue. I'm missing about 4 issues from the later years and they are rare to cross on eBay. Most issues I've seen sell about 10-12 bucks each (sometimes more). If your a Muppet fan... I would suggest getting them! :smile: