Muppet Madness 2012 Tournament!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
There are a lot of things I wish went the other way. For example (s)
I'd rather Jack Black win over Neil Patrick Harris but that's not getting anywhere, it seems that people are voting for the character, not on the character in the movie. I guess more people like N.P.H. but he was seen in the movie for what two seconds?
Also: Alan Arkin: He was great in the movie, but Mickey Rooney is more loved by people.
Kermit vs. The Chef. Come on people, the frog can't always win! I think it's the more casual fans voting for Kermit. (Or people don't like the chef, we'll find out next round).
Mary vs. Miss Poogy: I voted for Miss Poogy but people like Mary better. I guess it's just me.
And last but not least why does everyone always forget about Hobo Joe? :smile: I think if they would have put Hobo Joe vs. someone like Tex Richman or 80's Robot he would have got a round farther. Against Walter is a joke. Walter will take everyone in that category.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Turned in my bracket today. My final 4 is Walter, Jim Parsons, Kermit, and Uncle Deadly. I'm going to win this contest!

Hubert

Reaction score
not ony did i vote thog i also voted rowlf he must win vote rowlf
Yaay! Another vote for Thog!
There are a lot of things I wish went the other way. For example (s)
I'd rather Jack Black win over Neil Patrick Harris but that's not getting anywhere, it seems that people are voting for the character, not on the character in the movie. I guess more people like N.P.H. but he was seen in the movie for what two seconds?
Also: Alan Arkin: He was great in the movie, but Mickey Rooney is more loved by people.
That's the thing: Everyone loves Neil Patrick Harris. Really, wouldn't surprise me all that much if he'd win the whole thing. (Doubt that's going to happen, but you never know...)
Kermit vs. The Chef. Come on people, the frog can't always win! I think it's the more casual fans voting for Kermit. (Or people don't like the chef, we'll find out next round).
I don't know, I kind of think it's the obssessed fans that are voting for Kermit. From experience, I've found that way more casual fans who don't know that much about the Muppets know who the Swedish Chef is because of how memorable his appearances are. I wouldn't be surprised of people are voting for Kermit because they think that's how it should be, that Kermit, the most popular Muppet wins.
Mary vs. Miss Poogy: I voted for Miss Poogy but people like Mary better. I guess it's just me.
I've been torn on that one. I feel like I should be voting for Mary since she's on the Muppets' side, but then I almost want to vote for as many Muppets as I can to ensure a human doesn't win.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Turned in mine awhile back... I think it is Kermit and Walter with Walter for the win

Hubert

Reaction score
No one's said this yet, so I'll say it: Round two voting has begun!

(sighs) Thog lost. I'm happy for Jerry Nelson's voice, though. I hope he continues. Doubt I'm going to launch another campaign unless Thog would be brought back in a resurrection round. The only other character I'd have really campaigned for would be Link.

Which speaking of, I really hope there is a resurrection round! Please consider it!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To be honest I was really stumped as far as voting between Gonzo and Miss Piggy in this film so I just avoided that one, lol.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Gary is losing to 80s robot? Come on its Jason Segel....he's like our hero now..... how can he lose to 80s robot

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to come in two days slow... Blame it on the rabbit's watch. It was an unbirthday present you know.

If 80s Robot does win, it makes it that much easier for people to vote in Round 3 for Walter, since we're all Walters.
*Insert new Walter smilie that was made the other day, I'm still waiting for it to be added properly to MC's cash.

Don't care about the Celebrities regional.

The Classics region, Kermit vs. Animal; Gonzo vs. Bunsen and Beaker. That's gonna be a trainwreck.

As for the Returning Favorites regional...
Go Scooter! Or Jerry's Voice!

And of corpse, my own personal campaign...
Uncle Deadly: You will vote for me.
I will beat :sympathy:, even if I don't have a smilie of mine own.
The streak will live!
:batty: :scary: Vote for Deadly! ! !