1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Madness 2012 Tournament!

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by The Count, Mar 13, 2012.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

To all MC/Muppet fans everywhere... The madness has started again this year. You can head over to www.toughpigs.com or the official voting tournament page to see the matchups pulled exclusively from the newest Muppet movie, "The Muppets (2011)".
    Originally, I had some ideas for this year's tournie, but Steve's announcement about the Muppetcast going offline on January 6 2012 trumped all of that. Thinking there'd be no event, I shelved my ideas... And yet, here it is, taking place as it has for the third consecutive year. Not only do we have an instrumental Muppet Madness MUP3, but now we have the added terminology for the various rounds and the Sheet of Muppetygrity whereby you can submit your own filled out bracket sheet to win some cool prizes. Next year, we have to go full force with a Muppet Selection Sunday special and bracket wagers.

Anyway, I needs me some campaigning art to put up on FB. Can anyone help me out? Please reply ASAP as the voting's already underway.
    Hope this helps and have fun as always.
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Whooo-hoooooooooo! I am so into the game this year! I'm already campaigning for Jerry Nelson's Voice to be in for the win (see my new avatar!)
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Heh, I actually have two opening round campaigns planned for Uncle D and Jerry's Voice, but I needs me someone who can make the art to post up on FB!
  4. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

I'm glad the Tournament is back!
    :search:Why is Muppetfans.com only a tournament page now?
    Is it going to go back giving news after the tournament is over?
    I know the site wasn't updated much anyways, but it seems like now is the perfect time to build a larger Muppet Fan Base, for their site, with all this new traffic pouring in daily.
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yaaaay! Muppet Madness Tournament is back!

As much as I like Jerry Nelson, I feel that it is my duty to campaign for Thog. And I want Link up there as the other old favorite. But Thog must win!

THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG! THOG!
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Yes! I was waiting for this all year.
    I'm so glad that the MuppetCast is back now (for a limited time) (in honor of Muppet Madness).
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

And my new, Thog campaign avatar is up!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. Beauregard

LOVE IT!

Except, wait a second, you are now directly against ME!!!
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Kind of...
    Technically, Thog is Jerry's voice, so I'm for and against you at the same time.

I sure had enough of trouble with the avatar. Making the picture, having problems with it, the forum telling me it can't be more than 50 KB, fixing that, trying again, realizing that since it was a rectangle, it would get cropped way too much, modifying the picture, trying again.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Love your avatar. Hilarious. I voted for Jerry becuase it was such a great easter egg
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Grrrr, my campaign isn't working!
    Think of it this way: when you vote for Jerry's voice, you're just voting for Jerry's voice. But when you vote for Thog, you're voting for Jerry's voice and a lovable, huggable character at the same time. So you get a free lovable, huggable character.

THOG! THOG! THOG!
  12. Muppet fan 123

But Thog doesn't have any lines in the movie.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Well, um, he had lines by Jerry in the past, though!
  14. Muppet fan 123

But I think people are more happy that they were surprised by Jerry's voice. I don't really mind if Thog wins. But I voted for Jerry.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

(Sighs) There's always tomorrow to vote for Thog!
  16. Muppet fan 123

Did you fill out the Blank Chart?
  17. Beauregard

Now THAT should be on a mug!
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

THOG! THOG! THOG!
    Nelson - 551, Thog - 377
    Come on! Vote for Thog everyone!

Vote for THOG
    The
    Heartwarming
    Oversized
    Giant

Also I never mentioned, I'm refusing to vote for Jim Parsons just to prove that he wasn't the best thing about the new movie! I'm giving my votes to Ken Jeong!

Also, though I'm campaigning for Thog, please vote for Link! He really deserves it, with his nice comeback!

Haha, yes. Maybe I should make a picture of a mug with that on it.

THOG! THOG! VOTE FOR THOG!
    Muppet fan 123 and Bannanasketch like this.
  19. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

Link! <3

Doubt he's gonna win... but, heck! Who doesn't love Rowlfy? :sympathy:
    miss kermie likes this.
  20. Beauregard

When I was younger, I thought that Thog's name was Thong.

So clearly he is a bad influence!!!

Vote for Jerry Nelson's Voice!!!

(And for Miss Piggy!)
    Muppet fan 123 and LinkiePie<3 like this.