Muppet Listings 14.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks TSF. Got those already, just haven't added the numbers to those entries. Still missing Planets CH and H, along with the other requests above.
Hope to hear from you, my trusty sources, on tying up those loose ends.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
Here are the characters from both Planet SH and Planet TR episodes of "Spaceship Suprise":

From Planet SH.
Sheriff Shane Shrimp: a pinkish-peach hand-puppet shrimp that looks a bit like Jacques Roach, with a cowboy hat.
The Shopping Sheep: two lambs with eyelids, and who are holding shopping bags.
The Shouting Shovel: an upside-down shovel with eyes and lips on the handle.

From Planet TR.
Trevor Trout: a hand-puppet trout with strange eye focus.
The Trunks: three elephant trunks that played musical instruments: Trudy on trumpet, Trisha on trombone, and Trixie on triangle.
Hmm, why does that sound familiar? :zany:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought the same thing, but let it go and let's focus on what's left from my request list.
BTW: There's a thread about a "King of Y" sketch over in the Classic Sesame section. Asked for help from the people talking about it there, but maybe some of you can also come through with a list of the characters featured in that story sketch.
Also, I still need the characters from Planet CH and Planet H of Spaceship Surprise; the characters from the story of Numberella; the characters from the story of the Plant Who Wanted to Be a Boy; the grouch owners/trainers from the Worm Olympic Games episodes; and the WASA Chief Officer from Season 28 episodes.
Hope to get some replies with answers/additions to the list soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I may be able to help you with the "Plant/Boy" story and "Planet H" descriptions on Wednesday.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds good MuppetDude. BTW: You think "The WASA Chief Officer" is an acceptable denomination for Lynn Thigpen's character from Season 28? Or would "The Worm Aeronautics and Space Administration's Chief Officer" either with or without the possessive contraction be preferable?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Here's the descripts I promised:

The Story of the Plant Who Wanted to Be a Boy:

THE PLANT/BOY--Stinky. When he's turned into a boy, he's made from the pointy green AM with Stinky's features (including leaf-like hair). He wears a green shirt, vest, and pants (which may have been brown) as well.

THE LOVELY DANCING PRINCESS--Zoe in a tiara.

LOVELY MAGIC GORDON GUY--Gordon in a giant shiny genie hat, vest, and white shirt. He had big eyebrows and a long, curled-at-the-end beard.

The Planet "H":

You already have Hop-a-long Hamster.

HAPPY HARRY THE HOPPIN' HAYSTACK--a haystack with eyes and a drawbridge-like black mouth.

THE HULA HENS--three brown hens in leis and grass skirts.

And some bonus additions:

These three monsters appear in a sketch where Grover finds an empty telephone booth:

ELMO MONDIPORG--the original name for Maurice Monster.

MARIUS MONDIPORG--a fat blue AM with blue fur, a large green nose (like Maurice's), fangs, black eyebrows, and small pupils.

JAYE P. MONDIPORG--I can't tell what he looks like, but his name is heard in the sketch.

And I found out about these from the Tough Pigs forum:

--Two monsters from the UK version of "Play With Me Sesame". Their names are Domby and Kit, but I can't tell which is which. One is a live-hand yellow monster with a squarish head. He has lidless eyes, frizzy yellow hair, a yellow-orange pear-shaped nose, and a red/green plaid beret. The other is orange with feathery orange hair, with a red/black striped necktie, and has round "Gobo" eyes, and a round dark pink nose. His eyes and nose are set up on the puppet's "forehead".

Here's a few from the Japanese co-production (also courtesy of Tough Pigs):

TEENA--a lavendar monster with blue feathery pigtails. She has reddish eyelids and a dark pink nose. She wears a necklace with a yellow flower on it.

MOJABO--a green creature (possibly a grouch) with a sort of a monster/Stinky look. His head looks a bit like Telly's, but with a smaller nose and mouth, and his eyes are lidless with black fuzzy eyebrows. He has green, purple, and black feathers coming out at the top of his head, and has a ring of purple fur around his wrists and neck.

SMALL BIRD--that's what he was called in SS Magazine. He's the small canary puppet from Sesame Street, but with yellow feathers coming out of his head.

?????--I don't know his name, but he's a small light blue frog with a yellow jaw and belly. He has sleepy eyes on the sides of his head.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
MuppetDude said:
SMALL BIRD--that's what he was called in SS Magazine. He's the small canary puppet from Sesame Street, but with yellow feathers coming out of his head.

?????--I don't know his name, but he's a small light blue frog with a yellow jaw and belly. He has sleepy eyes on the sides of his head.
Actually, the name of the small bird is Arthur and the name of the frog is named Pierre.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks MuppetDude. So we're up to a toggling total between 2991 and 2993
Questions:
Should Elmo Mondiporg be listed as a separate entry from Maurice Monster, seeing as how Maurice is already listed? Or should it be left off the list precisely because Maurice is already listed? Are there sufficient differences between the two to justify both being listed?
Should the little blue frog from SS Japan be left off the list for now till the name is found? Or should it be added as "The Blue Frog (SS, from SS Japan)"?
Hope to hear from you guys soon, and then it'll be a matter of 7 to 9 more entries before the next version gets posted.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan, where'd you get those names?

And for the Count:

There are at least two differences:

1) Elmo is voiced by Jim Henson.
2) He's made from a green AM dressed entirely in blue fur.

I think he should be added. Why? I don't know. I'm for adding him to the list, since his siblings are also listed.