Muppet Kubrick Collection

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yesterday I got my Roger Rabbit and Gonzo Kubrick, which are standing on my bookcase, I'm loving them, think I'll be buying more, though I try to buy them in the US, which is hard to find, :smile: . It's ok I really need to save my money, :sympathy: :wink:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I have some Disney Kubrick's..

I have:

PETE from Plane Crazy
CARD from Alice in Wonderland
ROGER RABBIT
MICKEY from Band
Fantasia Mickey Mouse
ARIEL
GHEPETTO
ALADDIN
BLUE FAIRY
and Kubrick Disney NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS set B wich has MAYOR, A CARD and OOGIE BOOGIE.

I'd like to get my hands on the Rocketeer, a few from Tron, Black Hole, a few "secret figures" and Muppets... hey Jamie! where on eath did you find the Muppet ones at? I've looked on ebay but all that comes up is Sesame Street and that Kermit one with a t shirt and I dont want that one (to MUCH $ if ya know what I mean dude).

:smirk:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:embarrassed: I searched for these Kubricks and found a final box of the Muppet ones through a site where I had to buy a whole box of them just to get an entire set. The spares were given as gifts to friends who would give them a good home. Beaker was won at Ebay auction.

:search: An entire box was purchased for Sesame series one through Ebay (same deal as the Muppets, but through ebay this time). A green Twiddlebug was packed in. I found an entire lineup of series two with no extras on Ebay. I won a blue Twiddlebug on Ebay. The color coated Oscar set was a gift (that started this all) and I'm considering the Supreme Kermit, but not sure if i want him that badly to justify the price. I think there's enough Muppet Kubricks unless in the unlikely event that they release other characters.

Just keep checking back on Ebay, I guess. It's a constant search. :smile:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I have some Disney Kubrick's..

I have:

PETE from Plane Crazy
CARD from Alice in Wonderland
ROGER RABBIT
MICKEY from Band
Fantasia Mickey Mouse
ARIEL
GHEPETTO
ALADDIN
BLUE FAIRY
and Kubrick Disney NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS set B wich has MAYOR, A CARD and OOGIE BOOGIE.
You might like the collection I've got going for me now Stevie, I've got

Genie (Aladdin)
Roger Rabbit
Allen from Toy Store
Santa Jack (NBC, one of my faves)
Gonzo
Black and White Mickey Mouse
Black and White Minnie Mouse
Jafar (Aladdin)
Peter Pan
Beast
Pinocchio

karamazov80

Reaction score
:embarrassed: I searched for these Kubricks and found a final box of the Muppet ones through a site where I had to buy a whole box of them just to get an entire set. The spares were given as gifts to friends who would give them a good home. Beaker was won at Ebay auction.
If they were released in the U.S. (and thus relatively inexpensive), then I may not mind so much, but having to pay exorbitant prices for the chance of getting what you want can be tough to justify for completists.

I actually ordered 10 blind boxed Muppet Kubricks a couple of days ago, with the hopes that I will get all 5 major figures. I'm crossing my fingers!

In other Kubrick-related news, one of my next big toy investments will probably be either this:

http://www.youbuynow.com/item/Alien_Powerloader

or this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10067788

How awesome are they? But lordy at the price!

--also, to MickeyMuppet's post, I bought mine from www.verycoolthings.com but they appear to be out of them now. Sorry--

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You might like the collection I've got going for me now Stevie, I've got

Genie (Aladdin)
Roger Rabbit
Allen from Toy Store
Santa Jack (NBC, one of my faves)
Gonzo
Black and White Mickey Mouse
Black and White Minnie Mouse
Jafar (Aladdin)
Peter Pan
Beast
Pinocchio
:excited: Good selection. I love these little figures. My blue Twiddlebug came the other day and I was so happy to get him. I'm also trying to get the entire MindStyle Henson City Critters collection, but that's taking some time. Darn blind boxes. I wish companies would have more confidence in their product. I'd pay a higher price just to get the whole set. Anyway, I've been pleased with the Critters. I wish they made Fraggle Kubricks. Now that would be cool!

karamazov80 said:
If they were released in the U.S. (and thus relatively inexpensive), then I may not mind so much, but having to pay exorbitant prices for the chance of getting what you want can be tough to justify for completists.

I actually ordered 10 blind boxed Muppet Kubricks a couple of days ago, with the hopes that I will get all 5 major figures. I'm crossing my fingers!

In other Kubrick-related news, one of my next big toy investments will probably be either this:

http://www.youbuynow.com/item/Alien_Powerloader

or this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10067788

How awesome are they? But lordy at the price!

--also, to MickeyMuppet's post, I bought mine from www.verycoolthings.com but they appear to be out of them now. Sorry--
:search:Crossed fingers for your Muppet collection. I had great timing in getting my collection. Prices have gone up while availability has diminished just in the last couple months!

The Alien stuff looks funky too. I really do enjoy the simple style of the Kubricks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You guys, I envy. My Kubrick collection is basically Tony the Tiger, Some Japanese Elephant Cereal mascot, some Japanese Gorilla cereal Mascot (all from the Kellogg's line) and Grover. I've always meant to collect these, but they're pretty pricey (and the Kelloggs ones, frankly, I got for 4 bucks each).

There are also blister pack ones, but I've only see Kinnikuman (ask me if you don't know), Batman, and General Mills Monster Cereal (Count Chocula and the like) in blisters, rather than blind box.

I think they're starting to make them specifically for the US market now. I doubt Count Chocula and Frankenberry are well known outside the US (Japan especially, since Breakfast cereal isn't as prominant there as it is here).

karamazov80

Reaction score
I think they're starting to make them specifically for the US market now. I doubt Count Chocula and Frankenberry are well known outside the US (Japan especially, since Breakfast cereal isn't as prominant there as it is here).
I'm pretty sure that those were only released in Japan (if they are targeted to the U.S., then it seems rather crazy to have to rely on the secondary market for all their U.S. sales), but it is a bit surprising to me that most Kubrick lines aren't released, at least, in the U.S. as well as Japan (a few sets like the Batman box set and the Gamestop Halo figures were released in the U.S., but these are the exceptions). Look at some of their licenses:
-Muppets/Sesame Street
-Star Wars (the single most popular action figure license in the country or the world)
-Lost (forthcoming)
-Batman: the Animated Series
-Alien/Aliens
-the Beatles
-the Great Escape
-Reservoir Dogs
-Indiana Jones (forthcoming)
-Andy Warhol

I would think that at least most (if not all) of these would be better sellers in the U.S. than in Japan. But, I guess they know what they are doing. . .

shimauta

Reaction score
-Muppets/Sesame Street
-Star Wars (the single most popular action figure license in the country or the world)
-Lost (forthcoming)
-Batman: the Animated Series
-Alien/Aliens
-the Beatles
-the Great Escape
-Reservoir Dogs
-Indiana Jones (forthcoming)
-Andy Warhol

I would think that at least most (if not all) of these would be better sellers in the U.S. than in Japan. But, I guess they know what they are doing. . .
Actually all of those titles are just as or almost as popular here as they are in the states. And even if a character isnt very well known here in Japan, the fact that it is popular in the states will tend to make it popular here as well. I really do hope that they make some more muppet/sesame street ones though.