"Muppet History 101" with Dave Goelz & Gonzo in St. Louis Oct 1st

haakonsmary

Reaction score
The Dave Goelz event that was canceled in February has been rescheduled for October 1st, 2010 at the St. Louis County Library in Missouri.

http://host7.evanced.info/stlouis/evanced/eventsignup.asp?ID=22960&ret=eventcalendar.asp

Quoting from the site:

Start Time: 7:00 PM
End Time: 9:00 PM
Description: Learn Muppet history at a program hosted by Dave Goelz, the performer of everyone's favorite Muppet, Gonzo.

This program, a special event presented as part of MUPPETS, MUSIC AND MAGIC: JIM HENSON'S LEGACY touring series which will screen at select SLCL locations in November and December, features Muppet material you won't see anywhere else: early TV appearances, commercials, and much more. Q&A with Mr. Goelz and his special guest round out the evening.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
YES! ! ! Yes, yes, yes! I will be there in full force representing The Muppet Mindset! Absolutely cannot WAIT!

Frogster

Reaction score
I would love to go! I don't know anyone who lives in St. Louis that I could stay with, and I don't know what it'd cost. Do I need to call in for tickets?

Frogster

Reaction score
If you guys would like, maybe us fans could get together and hang out... what do you say?

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I thought this was canceled? I'm not trying to confuse things but I had read somewhere online that it was changed?

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Melissa, the event was originally scheduled for February and was canceled, but now it has been rescheduled for Oct 1st. Luckily it is back on. :smile:

GarlicGuy

Reaction score
Holy CRUD! I live in St. Louis like, 3 minutes away from the library! SO gonna be there!

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Melissa, the event was originally scheduled for February and was canceled, but now it has been rescheduled for Oct 1st. Luckily it is back on. :smile:
Ah, thank you for the explanation. I'm not in the area so I won't be giong anyway, but I'm glad to hear it's back on. I've met Dave a couple of times now (and Gonzo too) and he's a really nice guy.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
The St. Louis County Library had a professional photographer at the event. They have posted some of the official photos online. Great shots of Dave with Gonzo, as well as Dave meeting several fans (many of which wore Muppet shirts).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34960896@N05/sets/72157624969863861/

Check out the awesome new outfit they made for Gonzo. He's back to his classic sweater vest but with a cream colored shirt. And there's also a shot of Gonzo demonstrating his relatively new ability to widen one eye at a time.