Muppet Haunted Mansion

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
I thought I might share some art I made -

It's time to play the music,
it's time to dim the lights,
it's time to meet the Muppets in the Haunted Mansion tonight!
It'll be a swinging wake!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
These are really good! I love them! Did you make anymore or are those the only three?

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
As of right now . . . these are the only three. I do have plans to do some more Disney Classic Attraction parody posters though.

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
These parody posters are really awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing more of them :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ha, isn't that when he was like, "I swear he was looking right at me!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Could you talk about your parody posters please? :search:

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
These posters were generated by a thought while riding the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, "Ya know, the grounds keeper in the graveyard looks a lot like Statler!"

That simple thought then spawned more thoughts - "What if the Muppets took over the Haunted Mansion? Much like the Haunted Mansion Holiday re-theme." "Who would play what role?" "Should Piggy be Madame Liotta or the Bride?"

The classic Haunted Mansion poster was of course the inspiration for all three parody posters. Plus, since Disney and the Muppets are have been one in the same for a while now, it seemed like a great fit to parody a classic park attraction.

I drew all the characters, initially having Statler as the grounds keeper and Kermit as the tallest, skeletal hitchhiking ghost. It didn't quite work. I felt I could tell a better story with Kermit as the Hatbox ghost of Disney Legend, who was originally paired with the Bride in the attic room. That felt right and thus, Kermit and Piggy got paired up as The Bride and the Hatbox Ghost. After that change, I studied the grounds keeper more and realized that Beaker would fit beautifully. The expression of both character's faces was a match made in heaven. Since the grounds keeper is a realistic character, he got paired with the singing busts - who could none other than Jim, Frank, Dave, Jerry, and Richard. The hitchhiking ghosts were pretty easy, as their size and height helped decide pretty easily what Muppet character would fit. Plus, you can easily imagine the last ghost (Gonzo as the "dwarf") holding a cannon ball!

I had so much fun pairing Muppets with this Disney attraction, I think I may do more!

All the images were made using imagination, pencils and paper, Illustrator, gumption, and Photoshop.

Enjoy!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, interesting.

So you have Kermit as the Hatbox Ghost and Piggy as the original Beating-Heart Bride (which got replaced with Constance Hatchaway).
Beaker as Horace Fusselbottom, the comics name for the groundskeeper.
Gonzo as Gus, the Prisoner of the Hitchhiking Ghosts.
The Main Muppeteer Five as the Singing Busts.
Would like to know what other Muppets got cast as which Mansion characters, I'd go with Janice for Madam Leotta myself.

Funnily enough, I'm working on something similar but that has morphed into something completely different. Because of my counting collector nature, I've been greatly dissatisfied there's no true definitive informative source that tells us or lists who all 999 Happy Haunts are like the full list of Dr. Jumba Jokiba's genetic experiments. So I set to thinking, I'm gonna create a rival to the Haunted Mansion with 1000 haunters where we know who all 1000 are because I had to know who they were in order to approve/add them to the roster. And if I'm going to do this, what better location to have as our main HQ residence rivaling the Haunted Mansion than the Count von Count's castle. Which gave way to the thought stemming from previous Halloween photo contests with the action figure collections on the Palisades Toys forums that I could have various Muppet characters as different monsters like Ernie as the Headless Horseman, Beaker as the Invisible Man, Dr. Teeth as Jack the Ripper and so on. But I'm not limiting it to recognized movie monsters, I'm bringing in all manner of ghosts and ghouls and mythic creatures and characters that I want to have added. And now, instead of a rival to the Haunted Mansion, I find my realm's developed into more of a rival to Castlevania, and I'm okay with that.

From the Haunted Mansion cast I have:
Bruno the Trashman as Bifrons, who takes over the role of the groundskeeper.
Ezra, the Skeleton; Phinneas, the Traveler; and Gus, the Prisoner; collectively known as the Hitchhiking Ghosts.
Stretching Room Portraits:
Crazy Harry as Alexander Nitrokoff, the man standing on the powder keg barrel.
Mama Fiamma as Abigail Patecleaver, the lady sitting on the tombstone.
Muppet pigs as Big Hoggs, Hoggs, and Skinny Hoggs (though their HM names are Hobbes), the quicksand sinking men.
Judy, an AM from the Rainbow Connection finale in TMM as Daisy de la Cruz, the tightrope walker.
Sinister Eleven/Following Eye Portraits:
Vincent Twice as the aging man.
Lady Agatha as the mysterious woman with the opera glasses.
Miss Piggy as Medusa.
Tammy Whynot as seen in the insert for the song It's A Lovely Eleven Morning and Old MacDonald as the couple imitating the American Gothic portrait.
Dr. Teeth as Jack the Ripper.
Nessa, the Grand Witch, from the SST News Flash Holiday Mix-Up sketch.
Blind Pew replacing Captain Culpepper Cline.
The Phantom Five:
Frank Oz Muppet as Dank, the hunchbacked bass player.
Dave Goelz Muppet as Degrave, the drummer.
Jim Henson Muppet as Dim, the banjoist.
Richard Hunt Muppet as Ditchard, the bagpiper.
Jerry Nelson Muppet as Drerry, the guitarist.
As of right now these are all part of my master monster roster, I'm in the process of doing write-ups for each and then get people to help drawing them as full illustrations.

Hope this helps, great to hear from another fellow HM/Muppet fan here.