Muppet Halloween costumes!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Awesome. I am totally getting the Kermit one. I was planning as going as the Comedian from Watchmen, but he just can't compete with this!

Dearth

Reaction score
I looked at those the other day. I dislike how the costumes come with a cheaper half-mask version of the character. So, if you wanted a really good Kermit costume, you'd be out almost a hundred bucks for the costume and the better full-head mask.

Makes me wonder how much green material and ping-pong balls one could buy for a hundred bucks.

My favorite Halloween costumes were always the ones we made rather than bought. Like the year my Dad made me a Rubik's Cube costume from a cardboard box, construction paper, and electrical tape.

:scary: Hmmm... I wonder if my nephew's tuxedo would fit me? I think I have an idea how to make a Kermit mask, and the hands and feet shouldn't be that hard...

DN

muppet baby

Reaction score
yep the fozzie one is the best one LOL i love Miss Piggy but that one is werid , i mean just having snout haha One thing though about the Miss piggy costume that i think though is cute that is the dress that was a good match for a costume i mean it actually looks like a costume that she had .

They did a bad job on the face and head gear part .

wiley207

Reaction score
WooT! I always love it when they make Halloween rubber masks and costumes of characters like that!

But now on to my judging...

The Kermit the Frog adult costume is pretty interesting, I have to admit. It does stink that it doesn't come with the feet and that the mask only covers the front of your face; if it weren't for those details, it would seem more like a mascot costume!
The stand-alone Kermit mask, though, looks fairly decent. It kinda reminds me of the early 1970s Kermit, and though it looks better than the version offered with the full costume, it still does look a tad odd.

The Gonzo costume... well, the body is cute, making our favorite blue-haired weirdo a "super weirdo," but the mask doesn't look that great with its dead-pan expression, almost resembling a cheap plastic Gonzo mask from the 1980s.
The full-head mask does look a little more pleasant, making Gonzo smile, but it still is a little strange, mostly due to the skinny nose and the weird placement of the eyeholes.

As for the Miss Piggy costume, it looks good, but I do wish that it included the wig and a pig snout. I think wearing that costume as in the picture with a pig snout would make a big difference.
The mask, however, looks pretty good. It even uses real "hair" instead of rubber hair.

The Statler and Waldorf masks look pretty convincing.

The Animal costume looks AWESOME! I mean, the mask could be better if it covered the whole head, but look. You get the chain, the spiked collar and the drumsticks too. A real deal!
The mask of Animal looks pretty cool too.

The Fozzie Bear costume looks nice and fuzzy, but the mask is rather off-putting.
However, the stand-alone latex Fozzie mask looks awesome! Maybe I'll get it some time.

Too bad I already planned to be Big Bad Wolf Daddy this Halloween...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCy258R2afA
(I already have the latex mask and the paws and watch chain; I just need the perfect yellow zoot suit, hat and footpaws.)
But who knows? Maybe next year or some time in the future, I can be Fozzie Bear!

Now, I'm still hoping one of those costume companies will make a deluxe full-head latex Scooby-Doo mask, like the one featured in the episode "Never Ape an Ape Man" :big_grin:

BobbyRobby

Reaction score
i don't really care for store bought costumes.

this is a fraggle costume i made myself for halloween two years ago.

muppets2

Reaction score
i think they should just have one big line of muppet costumes
:smile::embarrassed::halo:

Fluffets

Reaction score
Kermit is and always will be the best of em all, but it would be a nice touch if they made him without the tux, just plain green and with the collar.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
lol, wow, animal looks interesting, fozzie does too. the mrs. piggie one is strange. i wouldn't buy them, just because i've made my costumes since i was... well, 3... but that has given me an idea for this year :wink: