Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
Took all the Family Guy quotes, eh...

Here's another.

Stewie was playing with a talking Sesame Street Phone and calling up bomb threats. He regisisters a complaint on it, and makes a nasty quote about Linda, "As for sending Death threats to a deaf woman..."

On this one espisode of Pinky and the Brain (where Brain becomes a Sumo wrestler), Pinky is playing with a Tickle me Bimbo (?) doll. Brain shows him a giant Sumo suit, to which Pinky replies, "You got the Tickle me Dom Deluise! He's the rarest one of them all!

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Yes, that last stewie quote goes something like this

Sitaution: We see stewie playing with a sesame street phone (you push a button and Bert says something, then push another button and oscar says something - you know what I'm talking about"

Ernie: Hello! I like talking to you!

Stewie: Now don't toy with me ernie, I've got 6 armed men stationed outside Mr. Hooper's, and as for Linda? well, it's rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assassin approach.

I KNOW something goes between the hooper's line and the linda line, but for the life of me I can't think of it. I can hear him say it, but I can't make out what he's saying in my mind.

AUGHH!
Jeremy

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
the other line is:

ERNIE:Can you count to 3?

STEWIE:Well let's see.
(while shooting phone)
STEWIE:1-2-3. Can I count to 3. Honestly I'm shooting at a fifth grade level.

jeremyactor

Reaction score
That's not what I was thinking. I just downloaded the clip. The exact wording is:

Stewie: Put me through to the pentagon!
Ernie: Do you know what sound a cow makes?
Stewie: don't toy with me, Ernie! I've already dispatched with Mr. Hooper, I've got 6 armed men stationed outside Big Bird's Nest, and as for Linda? Well it's rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assassin approach!

Jeremy

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's one from King of the Hill

It's Halloween, and Hank is at megalomart with Bobby and Peggy. Bobby picks out his coustume, one of the 101 Dalmations. Hank is clearly disgusted, and goes on a tangent about what happened to Vampires and Goasts.

Hank: Look at this stuff. Elmo, Aladdin, Jenny McCarthy... I don't even know what these things are!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
That's not what I was thinking. I just downloaded the clip. The exact wording is:

Stewie: Put me through to the pentagon!
Ernie: Do you know what sound a cow makes?
Stewie: don't toy with me, Ernie! I've already dispatched with Mr. Hooper, I've got 6 armed men stationed outside Big Bird's Nest, and as for Linda? Well it's rather difficult for a deaf woman to hear an assassin approach!
where'd you download it???

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
I think that on The Wayans Brothers, Shawn & Marlon might have called Pops "Kermit" (NOT Pops The Doorman, this is a different Pops). anyways, they might have a called him Kermit once because they always joke about how he looks like a frog

Drtooth

Reaction score
On Hollywood Squares (an episode without any muppet in it), Ellen DeGeneris (sp?) got the question: In a recent Poll, which Sesame Street Character do kids most want to Hang out with.
Ellen: Hang out? Is that like Hooking up? Id' like to hook up with Elmo.

Needless to say, the Answer WAS Elmo, and X got the square for agreeing!

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Okay, this came from Conan O'Brien, and it is kind of adult themed - but since it aired on Network TV I'm going to post it anyways.

If you're easily offended don't look.

From one of their "In the Year 2000" bits:

"Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy will break up. Kermit becomes a devout jew, and can no longer eat pork."

Jeremy