Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's also another one on the Simpsons last night when Ralph was on a garbage boat and he said something about Elmo, and a rat was crawling all over him.

The line was "I'm playing with Elmo" specifically.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Another semi-reference in SKins last night with the guy Cook calling himself the Cookie Monster again.

Kiki

Reaction score
I was watching this kids' show the other day (can't remember the name X_X) and the kids on it (who were CG characters) were watching TV and they were watching a computery-puppety thing that I think was meant to be the count. The weird thing is, even though it wasn't Jerry Nelson, it almost sounded identical!

Frogster

Reaction score
Last night on Lost, Jin Kwon went to this Dharma Station called The Flame, where a man named Radzinski was watching television monitors... most of the monitors were feeds of security cameras, but in the top left screen was The Muppet Show. And since the time on the island was 1977, they were actually playing Season 2's theme. Thought that was pretty awesome.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I don't usually watch 30 rock but caught it last night. They had a Miss Piggy gag where she was in a magazine article with one of the actresses on the show. It was a 'who wore it better' picture of Miss piggy and the actress in the same dress. I really cracked up at that.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Last night on Lost, Jin Kwon went to this Dharma Station called The Flame, where a man named Radzinski was watching television monitors... most of the monitors were feeds of security cameras, but in the top left screen was The Muppet Show. And since the time on the island was 1977, they were actually playing Season 2's theme. Thought that was pretty awesome.
I was totally going to post on this, but forgot. That was great! It's amazing how if the Muppets are anywhere on screen, they can instantly catch the eye!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I noticed that too! SOOO great. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I don't usually watch 30 rock but caught it last night. They had a Miss Piggy gag where she was in a magazine article with one of the actresses on the show. It was a 'who wore it better' picture of Miss piggy and the actress in the same dress. I really cracked up at that.
I saw that, and the funny part was that Ms Piggy won 86%-14% I believe.

Daniel

peyjenk

Reaction score
Same here! What a great gag. :smile: