Muppet Film and TV References

Foreignman

Reaction score
This one is very short, but a Muppet reference none the less... This was a re-run of "Whose Line is it Anyway", and they were playing the dating game. Ryan was a person still under hypnosis, from a stageshow... Something set him off and he started barking and turning into different people, and near the end of his dialouge, he put out his hand and said "Hello Miss Piggy!". That's it...

crazy ernie

Reaction score
i hate crank yankers!

crank yankers has put big bird on the side of a kfc bucket, and protray him as a smoker.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Theres one in the episode of the Simpsons where Bart get a big brother and Homer gets a little brother, well anyway Homer is going to pick up his little brother who lives in an alley he walks by a dumpster and see's a man sleeping in it and says "Hee Hee just like Oscar" :smile:

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
In the Simpson episode "A Fish Called Selma", Bart, Homer and Lisa are watching Troy McClure in "Muppets Go Medieval". Troy is fighting Kermit for the hand of Miss Piggy.

Lisa: Dad, what's a Muppet?
Homer: Well, it's not quite a mop, it's not quite a puppet, but... (laughs hard). So, it answer your question, I don't know.

Great reference.

BroadwayBaby

Reaction score
Does anybody happen to have the original airdates for the second season of "The Muppet Show?" I have the airdates for all the other seasons, I just need the ones for the second season. Could someone help me?

MuppetVision3D

Reaction score
On a recent episode of crank yankers, they showed a fake kermit and piggy engaging in .........well, I'll just leave that sentence how it is, but just use your imagination. You're smart folks.

GuySmiley

Reaction score
Hey - I got another one!

On an episode of Friends that aired in the UK recently (a repeat), Chandler and Joey are fighting because Joey is moving to a new appartment and Chandler doesn't want him to - the reference is something like:

Joey: Hey, we didn't agree to live together forever - we aren't Bert and Ernie!

Guy!

mattyboy

Reaction score
In 'Friends' they always have Muppet refrences. One episode Chandler is reading the paper and says that a muppet got hit by a person on 'Sesame Street.' In another episode Phoebe mentions the time she wrote to 'Sesame Street' saying that her mum killed herself asking what should she do and they sent her back a Cookie Monster keyring.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
On one episode, Brian and ALF (or Gordon, if you prefer) are watching Sesame.
Thanks for posting this - I had totally forgotten this scene and not heard/seen it for years!

FYI ALF fans, my boss (who's German) tell me ALF is HUGE in Europe (and they say the French don't have good taste in comedy!). :smile:

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
Whose Line is it Anyway? always has muppet references too. Well, most of the time. They use Sesame street or the Muppet show for the Film and Theater styles...

(Host) Clive: "Oh, Muppet Movies, not the show.." (-to an audience's suggestion)

Once at the end credits, when the players had to be animals running into the camera, right before the show ended Wayne came up and did: "An-i-mal! An-i-mal!"