1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Muppet Figures: Disney Parks

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by frogboy4, Feb 21, 2012.

1. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

HA HA HA HA HA!!! Omg, that was hilarious, thanks.
  2. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

i really want to find these figures i have a feeling these will be in our uk disney stores as there seems to be a lot on ebay it which good i must go an get them
  3. matleo

matleo Active Member

Went out and picked these up at my "local" Disney store tonight. They're pretty cool. I'll post pics and a brief review when I have a wee bit more time later tonight.
  4. matleo

matleo Active Member

ok, so as I said, I bought the figures today at the Disney Store. For $13 they're pretty good.

[​IMG]

The figures are a scooch smaller than the figurines produced by Palisades so if you're a real stickler for scale, you may ant to display these separately. I actually found it a little jarring at first when I saw them next to each other but when I looked over at my shelf 20 min later it didn't bother me at all and it looked like they were "right where they belong". It also helped that I had Thog and Doglion whose size was very cheated by Palisades.

[​IMG]

There's a little bit of texture on them but not quite as much as Palisades used on theirs. Having said that, you can clearly see the lineage to the Palisades line. Besides the mild texturing, Gonzo's sculpt is almost identical to Series 5 Gonzo and Animal's color is closer to his Palisades counterpart than to any other Animal merch we've seen.

[​IMG]

Most of the figures stand very well but like Jamie said Piggy, Kermit and Rizzo have a little trouble standing up. It takes a little patience but they do stay up eventually. I found it helpful on Rizzo to bend his feet forward and make him lean on his tail a bit more. Had to do that a little with one of Kermit's feet too. I expect as we head into warmer weather, I will be picking them up off the floor regularly.

[​IMG]

If you decide to get these it is definitely cheaper and better to get them in the store than to try the secondary market or order online. There were two boxes I saw that had broken figures in them and while looking at the Avengers sets they had I noticed the same problem. There might also be some paint issues. The Miss Piggy in my set has a few scratches on her snout. Also buying them directly from the sotre sends a clearer message to Disney "We want more stuff like this."

[​IMG]

Speaking of which, I pretty much said that to the Disney employee who was working and she suggested going on the Disneystore website and leaving comments about that. She said they read those and listen and knowing Disney I'm sure they do.
  5. matleo

matleo Active Member

a few more pics for those who are curious

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ryan19 likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

How come last time I was at Disney (last week), all I saw were the same Princess and 101 Dalmatians ones, but not these?

Just wondering...

were there more than one set available at your Disney Store? I'm curious, and kinda worried if this would be another Up figurine set situation.
  7. matleo

matleo Active Member

There were quite a few sets. They're running a promotion this week where the sets are 1 for $12.50 or 2 for $20. So they had 4 or 5 sets with their Muppet display and a bunch more over with the their other figures.

--Matt
  8. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

Stupid question time... Where did you get the Swedish Chef, Sam, and the other ones in your pictures from?
  9. matleo

matleo Active Member

Those are the one's that Palisades produced back in 2003. Sam was from a set that had him Thog and Mahna Mahna. Doglion, Chef (with the chicken), Scooter, Bunsen and Beaker were sold on their website. Bean is from a set of PVCs I purchased years ago in Disney/MGM.

Palisades also made two sets of Christmas Carol figurines (Kermit and Fozzie can be seen above.) and another set that had Gonzo, Piggy, and the snowths.

If you hunt around Amazon/eBay you might be able to find them. The set with Bean in it could be a bit harder.
  10. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

See, told ya it was a stupid question. I knew Palisades did a mini line... Just forgot. Thanks for that!!! :)
  11. ryan19

ryan19 Member

seeing new stuffs are always nice , anyone know if this is available at the disney store in london ?
  12. Drtooth

Ah... good. They probably just haven't shipped to my area yet.

You know, I actually DID see one of the UP sets, but I had NO idea how rare it was, and I never went back to pick it up. And I never ever saw it again.
  13. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i really want a set badd
  14. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Wow I didn't realize how well these fit in with the mini muppet line. Gonzo is a little cartoony and rizzo doesn't fit the style too well but the others look like they were made for the palisades mini line. I may get these now as an extension to my collection.
  15. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

good news for us in the uk the set has been released here and is in disney stores now which is great news going to get them soon :fanatic:
  16. Drtooth

I FINALLY got to both find and pick up a set. There were like 3 left at the Disney Store I went to, and the best part is that all the figure sets were on sale for 9 bucks. I didn't open the package yet, because I'm looking for a spot to put them, but I'm very happy with how they came out. I'm glad I didn't have to pay 30 bucks online for them.

Unfortunately, it was just about the ONLY Muppet thing they had, other than some cleared out T-Shirts and coffee Mugs... and a loose Walter in a pile of other plush.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  17. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

That's the same with my local Disney Store! :mad: I want more Muppet stuff!
  18. Tomservo95

Tomservo95 Member

i got the set yesterday on sale for $9!
  19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Well they made almost the exact same set for Muppets Most Wanted but changed the Piggy and added Walter and Constantine. I haven't picked ladt years set up so ill pick this one up instead!
  20. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Got pics of the new set?

Alex