Muppet Fan Confessions

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Theres alot of "Muppet bands" that it would have been cool to see more of, but I guess a one time thing is better than none. Oh well, we can always wonder...

Also, I feel better knowing I wasnt the only one kinda freaked out by "Wet Paint".
You should read some of the YouTube comments (and some on here, too). You would he surprised how many fans watching the show in the 80's and 90's were terrified of it (and I think the issue is because many of us weren't exposed to visually weird MTV music videos from the 80's).

Furbelle

Reaction score
You should read some of the YouTube comments (and some on here, too). You would he surprised how many fans watching the show in the 80's and 90's were terrified of it (and I think the issue is because many of us weren't exposed to visually weird MTV music videos from the 80's).

Totally agree. I had no idea what New Wave music or MTV was back then, so it did'nt make sense as a parody to me. I remember being utterly freaked out by Frazzle (the song...and the monster too for that matter). The Phillip Glass scored animations were like a drug trip. Even Eight Ballls of Fur scared the crap out of me back then with the piano getting ripped apart and the dancing furballs too were just...creepy.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This was something that popped up in my head when I was going for a walk.

Looking back at the 40 years box set, I was actually surprised to see "Me Claudius" was included since Jerry Nelson did Elmo's voice (unless it was just for the sake of including the first Monsterpiece Theater skit).

I'll admit, this is one small issue I have with Sesame Workshop. I can't speak for them obviously, but while they seem to have no issue with uploading/releasing clips that contain guest star monsters or early Big Bird (and possibly Snuffy; I think I recall seeing Snuffy's debut on Sesamestreet.org, but don't count on it), and at least ONE clip where we have the green Grover (first and last skit), as soon as it's a pre-Elmo clip? Nope nope nope nope! We can't confuse da children! :rolleyes:

At least, that's what I've honestly gotten from them, considering we've only seen one pre-Elmo clip where he speaks given a commecial release.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Looking at the clips of "Monster in the Mirror" (celebrity version) and the alphabet with Ray Charles, I remember my child self always wondering why the "dark-skinned piano guy" always wore shades. Years later, of course, my question was answered. :stick_out_tongue:

On the subject of the former, I remember being blown by the fact that The Simpsons were included. On the subject of the latter, I remember the background they used pretty trippy.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually remember finding the Alphaboy skits on Sesame Street waaaaaayyyyy too overplayed.

I always found the skits to be annoying. It doesn't even help that it sounds like the kid is literally struggling to read off the script at the end.

(Though I won't lie when I say I've always wanted to eat those noodles in the "n" skit).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
When I was younger, I thought that Susan Sarandon in the celebrity version of The Alphabet Song was with a random little boy.

Turns out that the boy was her youngest son Miles.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I was born in 1982. I didn't see "Labyrinth" or "The Dark Crystal" until 2014.

Katzi428

Reaction score
When I was little, I thought Gordon was played by Steve Harvey. :laugh:
muppetgem....I'm glad you're laughing .Because I'm sitting here laughing too!!
Yeah....Steve Harvey & Roscoe Orman both are bald & have mustaches . But R.O. started on S.S. in 1974 (thereabouts) .As Pig's Laundry said Hal Miller was the original Gordon.
Here's some trivia for everyone:
Anyone ever see the show Benson ?
The producers wanted Robert Guillaume (sp?....well the guy that played Benson)- to play Gordon

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's some trivia for everyone:
Anyone ever see the show Benson ?
The producers wanted Robert Guillaume (sp?....well the guy that played Benson)- to play Gordon
Wait, really??? That's weird. Do you know if that was when they were casting Hal, or was it Roscoe? If it was Hal, then i'm sure Robert would've made a much better Gordon. :stick_out_tongue:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Wait, really??? That's weird. Do you know if that was when they were casting Hal, or was it Roscoe? If it was Hal, then i'm sure Robert would've made a much better Gordon. :stick_out_tongue:
On 20 yrs & Counting , Bob McGrath, Loretta Long & Roscoe Orman were sitting in Hooper's store. Mr. Orman said something to the effect of being the new kid on the block since Dr. Long & Mr. McGrath had been there since the beginning (1969) .I don't know what Robert Guillaume was doing at the time Sesame Street began.