Muppet Fan Confessions

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
I'm still ashamed of myself that my first introduction to The Muppets was through D.C. Almost Live because I loved seeing them interacting with my favorite celebrities of the time, and watching those specials now, they were as great as I remembered them.

Also, since Piggy and Kermit became my favorites, I really didn't like/pay attention to any of the other Muppets..not until the 2011 Movie. I even didn't like Deadly til the 2015 show too.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This is going to sound a little.... Weird, but I remember seeing a brief clip of Kermit being caught in a net from the Muppet Show episode where pigs were taking over in a promo after the Rock Music with the Muppets tape. I honestly thought it was a giant stocking (since the net has a black nylon consistency) and it was the first thing I noticed (only because, well.... I do find nylon be it stockings or pantyhose pretty attractive on a woman's legs; don't judge me, just something that's been part of me all my life).

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
When I started out with the Muppets as a kid, I kept calling Fozzie "Flozzie," Gonzo "Gonzol," and Rizzo "Wretsle!" :embarrassed::concern::shifty:

I would see the name "Sweetums" in the end credits of the first two Muppet movies, but have no idea who he was (as with a lot of kids, the "Jack not name, jack job" joke from TMM went way over my head.) I think I assumed Lips was Sweetums for awhile, and that Steve Whitmire's credit for "Lips" was some kind of puppet term!

I grew up thinking that The Great Muppet Caper was the first Muppet movie, followed by Manhattan and The Muppet Movie. I felt like the gang all really met in Caper, went to college together afterwards, and then made a fictional movie about how they met.

Didn't know Richard Hunt had passed on for quite some time. I kept wondering why his name was absent from the '90s Muppet movies. I guess I kept missing the "In loving memory of Jim Henson and Richard Hunt" credit from Christmas Carol.

Very early on, I thought Brian Henson took on Kermit after Jim passed. Seems to be a common mistake that non-fans have to this day...

As a kid, whenever Miss Piggy came into a Muppet production, I'd tune out. Just didn't 'get' her then.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember as a kid seeing a promo for "Kermit Unpigged" on the Muppet Classic Theater VHS and being kind of tripped out by how over exposed that white background looked in the b-roll shots of "She Drives Me Crazy."

Also, speaking of MCT, Kermit being turned into gold I remember did scare me a little the first time I saw the special.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Also, speaking of MCT, Kermit being turned into gold I remember did scare me a little the first time I saw the special.
Pretty much every version of The Golden Touch used to scare me, especially with the king turning his daughter into gold, and in some versions, he became a loud sobbing wreck.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I was never a huge fan of Muppet Classic Theater. I never found it bad or good. It was always just kind of there...

When I started to visit Muppet fan sites, I was always surprised to find that people much older than me thought Clifford had been created for Muppets Tonight. Clifford was actually one of my first non-Sesame Muppets; I was introduced to him via the Sing-Along video It's Not Easy Being Green. I get the confusion now, as Clifford's presence prior to Muppets Tonight was by and large in things that only hardcore fans were paying attention to.

xSunnyEclipse

Reaction score
Like what Mo Frackle said about Clifford, I didn't actually know Clifford and Pepe weren't original Muppets. I just assumed Pepe was part of the cast without knowing his real introduction was Muppets Tonight. I had just accepted that they were there from the start, not new characters that were created after The Muppet Show.

I really didn't watch Muppets Tonight, Jim Henson Hour, Muppet Babies, or Little Muppet Monster until after getting into the fandom and the 2011 movie. Same goes for the direct-to-DVD movies too. I still need to catch up on Dog City and other Henson Projects outside of Muppets/Sesame Street.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I really didn't watch Muppets Tonight, Jim Henson Hour, Muppet Babies, or Little Muppet Monster until after getting into the fandom and the 2011 movie. Same goes for the direct-to-DVD movies too. I still need to catch up on Dog City and other Henson Projects outside of Muppets/Sesame Street.
I've never been all that interested in watching Dog City despite the fact that I loved the original Dog City special (very underrated peace of Muppet history, btw). However, it's pretty cool that The Jim Henson Company had another somewhat successful Saturday morning cartoon that wasn't Muppet Babies.